TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Originally posted image seen here

0022.jpg

Oh, I think you next want to get yourself a POLARISER! ;)
More than anything else!

That would have helped to reduce the glare on the leaves, bring out their colours (all colours, as a matter of fact) ... all without any use of pp-software (which you don't use, if I get things right).

You went for wide open?
I find DOF extremely narrow, so much so that my eyes strain in finding what is in focus, after all. There is not much in focus really, is there? On the print?

I'll look into that.

I was thinking something, but I don't exactly remember what. I got stuck with some idiots at the lab and it took a full week to get them back, but yeah wide open. I posted it in an effort to remember just what I was thinking.

I do try to minimize the use of CG on the pictures, In fact I don't like having to use it to compensate for what the scanner eats but....

Even then it is my blue berry bush so I can retake it at any time, well atleast untill I eat the berries.

I know what I was thinking now, that is junk and never should have been posted meh, owell.

I was trying to focus on a single blue berry wile holding the camera, I used the narrow field of focus to to exadgerate a miss via twich or whatever else.

according to the scan I may have missed but I will have to look at the print again to make sure.

Hopefully I will have a better lab experiance than last time and will remember this stuff, those should be in tomorrow but...

Yes, it still asks for a bit of tweaking ... if this were mine (and there are FILM photos that are mine round me, in ABUNDANCE, I have not always "been digital"), I would even tweak the digitalised neg scan! For there IS more to the photo than meets the eye! And I believe that a dedicated lab that does individual print work COULD bring out that "more", too!

Oh, and besides being too little contrasted and saturated, I find the negative scan gives you too warm a colour temperature...

Yes, it still asks for a bit of tweaking ... if this were mine (and there are FILM photos that are mine round me, in ABUNDANCE, I have not always "been digital"), I would even tweak the digitalised neg scan! For there IS more to the photo than meets the eye! And I believe that a dedicated lab that does individual print work COULD bring out that "more", too!

This should prove to be as good as any as a practice picture as I have to figure out the PP software that came with the scanner, sadly it's lackluster default PP stuff because I had to download the driver due to a damaged disk. I am missing out on the bundled Photoshop it had because of it. If it sucks too badly I may end up asking someone with the same scanner to hook me up with the actual disk but for now I'll go with what I got.

Oh, I think you next want to get yourself a POLARISER! ;)
More than anything else!

That would have helped to reduce the glare on the leaves, bring out their colours (all colours, as a matter of fact) ... all without any use of pp-software (which you don't use, if I get things right).

You went for wide open?
I find DOF extremely narrow, so much so that my eyes strain in finding what is in focus, after all. There is not much in focus really, is there? On the print?

After trying my hand at the PP you provided help with and failing miserably, I have picked up a Polerizing filter. I've got it on my AE-1 right now but no sunlight to use it with and no berries to shoot :( , I'll find something and give it a try before long tho. :D

Most reactions

Back