A squirrel to critique

Lepospondyl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, this will be my first submission for critique. Hope it goes OK...

squirrel1.jpg

nice composition and DOF! would love to have seen a bit more face but very good as is!

I was happy with the DOF too. It's funny to me to see the leaves on the trees behind him like that, because I see them every morning looking out my front window. Well, actually, now they're bare branches, but you know what I mean.

Lepospondyl said:
I was happy with the DOF too. It's funny to me to see the leaves on the trees behind him like that, because I see them every morning looking out my front window. Well, actually, now they're bare branches, but you know what I mean.

thats the beauty of photography; the ability to blur the background. don't be afraid to shot something against an undesirable background with a wide f/stop. more than likely it will blur into very pleasing colors making for a beautiful backdrop. again, nice work.

Nice stuff. Would love it if he/she had turned around to face the camera. It is so hard to find well trained squirrel model these days

Aww man, you shoulda told me before you took this shot. I speak squirrel. :D
Love the shot, though. I have a thing for squirrels, and they're in no short supply on campus.

Actually, this squirrel is a female. My wife and I watched her come to our squirrel feeder every day. She wasn't huge at this point, but I think we have pictures of her somewhere laying on her side, belly all extended, just ready to pop.

Most reactions

Back