exposure comp -1/3 EV
spot metering
flash comp in high sync mode with off camera SB-800 +3
f/6.3
focal length 200mm

Comments and suggestions welcome

Cheers, joe

Last edited:
Gorgeous! I love the colors, and you managed to get the focus perfectly on his (her?) eye. Love it!

What a great shot! I think the shots of them perching are just as interesting as the flight shots. They are such interesting and beautiful little creatures. Congrats on this one!

Thanks for the comments....here are a few more stationary shots ;)

Last edited:
Geez!!!!!! I just noticed that you shot these at ISO 1000. No way shot taken at iso 1000 would come out that clean on my rebel xti. Looks like I may need to be upgrading camera bodies soon.

Thanks for the comments.

Only the first one was at ISO 1000..I am not sure without looking into the exif data what the others were shot at.

Cheers, Joe

Joe, these are gorgeous. I've spent several hours over the past couple of weeks working on some hummer shots (especially stationary ones). I know just how hard these are to get right. Out of a couple of hundred images, I only have one I really like and she's not a very colorful bird. Congratulations! Are these wild, or were they in a hummer aviary?

Thanks for the comments.... There are three places that I go to shoot Hummers... One is my neighbors backyard....two is a local outdoor Hummingbird Garden...and three is Butterfly world....they also have hummers.

Cheers, and thanks again.
Joe

Most reactions

Back