A stormcloud over the city

How about another word. AMAZING!

HDR?
Nope, it's a 30sec exposure. If you right click, you can still get all the exif, a HDR file would have lost the exif.

beautiful man. did you do a lot of editing on it?
Let see, I did shadow/highlight, curve, saturation, selective curves on the cloud and pylons and sharpening. I figure I spent an hour on it.

Absolutely brilliant, only one tiny thing though, the building on the left, with all the coloured lights, personally I would lose it. Each time I look at the shot, my eye is drawn to it as the rest has very little colour. Still amazing shot though...
I see what you mean, I think I'll wait a week and look at it again then decide what to do, thanks.

Very Nice capture!! Right place at the right time with the clouds?
Yeah just got lucky i guess, I was looking for some sunset shots and saw this shower head rolling over the local mountains.

Which HDR program did you use for processing your photos? Thanks
I use photoshop cs2 for all my processing.

Thank you everyone, I appreciate your comments. :)

Can't really think of a good descriptive word that hasn't already been used. Great stuff! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Very nicely done! I agree about the building on the far left...a little distracting.

I would have also guessed HDR on this one. The exposure mode does say 'auto bracket'?

Very nice shot, one of my favorites for some time !!!

nice! love that sky :hail:

The processing and exposure of this image is just wonderful. My only suggestion is a slight compositional one; I would have turned the camera ever so slightly to the left to fully get that building in the frame, and fully remove the cut off building on the right. Very, very nice work indeed. (If I were you, I think I'd have saved this image for the 'long exposure' competition ;) )

Vancouver?

Very nice capture. Nice and well done!
yep, Vancouver where the sun always shines above the clouds.

Very nicely done! I agree about the building on the far left...a little distracting.

I would have also guessed HDR on this one. The exposure mode does say 'auto bracket'? Yesterday 09:48 PM
I was bracketing all day and this shot was the last one at the location. 30sec exposure is the max for this camera unless I take it to bulb so there's no point bracketing after that.

The processing and exposure of this image is just wonderful. My only suggestion is a slight compositional one; I would have turned the camera ever so slightly to the left to fully get that building in the frame, and fully remove the cut off building on the right. Very, very nice work indeed. (If I were you, I think I'd have saved this image for the 'long exposure' competition ;-)
Thanks for the suggestion, I've already entered another pic for the contest.

Thanks again everyone. :)

What a fantastic image! The colours are gorgeous and the storm clouds add a touch of drama to the scene. Perfect exposure. In fact perfect sums up the whole image! I hope you have it on your wall at home. I would!

Thanks NYBrit, WVPhotoGuy.

Most reactions

Back