A Street

Ahmult

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Sydney.jpg

ANy comments are appreciated

I really like this picture. What camera and what shutterspeed? I would really like to know... It's beaufiful

being honest here...

i dont really understand what you guys see with this image. it's poorly composed (if at all composed), and i cant even tell if you were going for a long exposure night shot 'look' or a night architectural shot. if it was the former, you chose a bad subject to do it with, because a blurry building is not really very interesting IMO, and if it was the latter, you should have used a tripod. the only thing that works for the image is the variation of things included in the photo (the hustle and bustle of traffic and pedestrians, then the large, strong, stationary building sitting there - provides a nice contrast). to me though, this seems just like a point and shoot shot. you just pointed somewhere and shot without considering anything in particular. sorry, it just doesnt do anything for me.

Thank for the comment.
I shot the building as my main object at night. Then I try to use PS to make the busy traffic around the building become more obvious.
Any critique can improve my work next time is welcome

I am going to have to say that I agree. This shot looks was taken as a point and shoot. Must use a tirpod if you are going to continue shooting these night scenes, its a must. Good try though.

Ohio said:
I really like this picture. What camera and what shutterspeed? I would really like to know... It's beaufiful

• Make: Canon
  • Model: Canon DIGITAL IXUS II
  • Shutter Speed: 1/403 second
  • F Number: F/3.9
Hope this helps:sexywink:

As mentioned by Clark Kent, a tripod is a must. I might also add; try slowing down your shutter even more to blur the moving of people and traffic. This will help in keeping the viewers attention on your intended subject which will be more in focus nextime when you use the tripod. Take a few shots an experiment with different settings. Maybe go vertical with some.

Most reactions

Back