A study of mood.

JamesD

Between darkrooms
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is an older photograph of mine, from near my start in the hobby. I just dug it up from somewhere in the depths of my website directory structure, and it struck me as strongly now as it did then, although now I think I know why.

Anyway, I'm curious to know what others think. I don't have a specific problem or issue I'd like opinions on, just generalities, so I'm posting it here, rather than in the critique gallery. I'm especially interested in criticism which will help me learn something.

Thanks for looking!

dskevlarbw.jpg

Thanks for the comment, Charlie!

I was really just playing around with this shot. It's a long exposure, illuminated by an L flashlight, shortly after I got my camera and my first set of close-up lenses. It's a kevlar helmet with the camouflage cover on it; the button hole is where the twigs and grass go--except that I haven't seen anyone do that and not get yelled at in.... ever LOL.

This was originally a color photo... when I got the prints back (from Wal Mart 1-hour) there were three of this image, bracketed over and under... the first two were all right, but for some reason, the third version (I think it was the one-stop under shot) really grabbed my attention. So, I'm a firm believer that proper exposure is important to an image. Now, I think I like the BW version better than the original... but then I've been working with BW almost exclusively for the better part of a year.

Thanks again for commenting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back