A study of pre-Monsoonal Clouds

Rhubarb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is Champa Devi shrouded in cloud. The shot was taken from my roof.

Champa Devi is the highest hill local to Kathmandu (the peak to the left in the photo). In Australia we would call it a mountain, they laugh at you here when you refer to the local ‘hills’ as mountains.

I would love to hear your comments and critique.

DSC_6943_36_38_39_40_41_42asmall2.jpg

uh.

Kind of speechless here.

This is fantastic. Thank you for posting.

I would love to hear your comments and critique.

Outstanding photo! Three's a tiny bit of sharpening rim (aka halo) in some places in the clouds (upper right) and mountains (center left, center middle) but that's such a nit-pick for a nice image like this.

Thanks!

BTW, if that bothers you at all you can kill it in a few seconds in PS with a small-ish blur brush at 35% opacity or so - just trace it along the offending edges.

Incredible! This shot is amazing, this really makes me want to go to Nepal.

My critique is this: Keep doing whatever you're doing. This shot is great, and the clouds are my favorite part. I love how they wrap around the hills and interact with the earth. That's something you don't see very much in photos! :)

I hope to someday be able to make half the photo you have made here. My only request is that you keep posting your images here. I know I'm not in any position to offer someone of your ability constructive criticism, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate your artwork.

uh.

Kind of speechless here.

This is fantastic. Thank you for posting.

Thank you for the very kind comments arbraxas!

I got nothing. abraxas said it all! Oh wait, I do have something... "Wow!"

tirediron, thank you muchly!

Outstanding photo! Three's a tiny bit of sharpening rim (aka halo) in some places in the clouds (upper right) and mountains (center left, center middle) but that's such a nit-pick for a nice image like this.

Thanks!

BTW, if that bothers you at all you can kill it in a few seconds in PS with a small-ish blur brush at 35% opacity or so - just trace it along the offending edges.

Thanks Bifurcator. What a critical eye you have! I will certainly keep this in mind when I prepare the full res version for print.

Incredible! This shot is amazing, this really makes me want to go to Nepal.

Thanks Coldow91. Nepal is indeed both special and beautiful. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

I'm collecting my drool as I type.

Thank you invisible!

My critique is this: Keep doing whatever you're doing. This shot is great, and the clouds are my favorite part. I love how they wrap around the hills and interact with the earth. That's something you don't see very much in photos! :)

I hope to someday be able to make half the photo you have made here. My only request is that you keep posting your images here. I know I'm not in any position to offer someone of your ability constructive criticism, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate your artwork.

Senor Hound thank you for your comments. It is more or less just a matter of standing in the right spot. ;) And I'm sure you will do very well.

wow, nice shot. i like the way the clouds seem to be sitting on the mountains or growing from it. neat shot. yeah I said neat... wanna fight about it?

:clap::clap::clap::smileys: just short of words.
:alien:

Most reactions

Back