A suggestion and excersize

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys and gals, I think in this section, we should also excersize our ability to caption as well as just show stories through photos. I'm in charge of nada and it's only a suggestion, but I think it would be really good practice for us.

Good idea Cindy! Take charge :).

Being a real photojournalist, would you know what really would be the guidelines in drafting a caption (apart from the date/place/names)?

Captioning is my biggest pain in the butt. It hard for me, so that's why I thought that it might be a good idea to practice here. Newspaper and wire use the same kind of guidelines, the only difference is that on wire, an editor might pick only one from a group of photos so the caption has to be very complete, whereas in newspaper form, you might only use the city or whatever only once.

Standard form would be like this, although I don't suggest that we need to go through all the hoops on this forum for each photo:
Image © Name/ YadaYada Press (If agent involved) Month Day, Year || Caption with who what when why and where.

Hope that helps.

PS-to make the "©" sign, you need to hold down the alt key and type in "0169"

craig said:
Excellent idea. I am terrible at captions. So bad that the editors plan on rewriting most of them.

LOL.
Yep, mine are almost always changed by the editor..........

All the things discussed have to do with the new Photojournalism Forum.
Since all this is discussion, it is better hosted in the Photographic Discussion Forum.
So I moved it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back