A Taste of Mustard

Genocide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There was a strange mustard yellow sunset here in Hamilton at around 9pm last night. Everything was bright yellow outside, it was quite strange.

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

I messed with the curves and saturation a bit in the second one, but the other two are as they were taken. Comments anyone?

Although the sky is a beautiful colour in the second shot, there aren't enough other elements of interest to make it a memorable shot (IMHO). I prefer the first image, because there are interesting clouds and you can see detail in the rooftop/chimney/silhouetted fronds. The hard edge visible in the top right corner is a bit distracting though. [Just my 2 cents worth...]

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you about the first image. That hard edge is actually the underside of my roof, which was impossible to get rid of while taking the shot. I could have cropped it but I think it would have lost a lot of detail either way.

Any tips for getting a less silhouetted look to those trees and such without using a tripod?

Mustard is my favourite thing ever. So awesome.

The sky in the first one was awesome, good exposure for the sky, but as was noticed, you need something else to draw the composition together. Find a foreground element, maybe use your flash to expose that and the sky and you are onto a winner.

i like mustard.... good shots

Most reactions

New Topics

Back