A test of skills - some help needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Overread, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well I have decided to grab the bull by the horns and do some slightly more focused photography - and to that end I have decided to copy an idea from others and do the following over a 1 month period (any 30 days from the start).

1) take a minimum of 30 keeper shots which fit the theme during that 30 day period - note that they don't have to be taken one a day - just that all must be taken within the time limit

2) edit the shots and present them in a PDF document (or similar) for printing into a photobook - also to be done within the 30 day limit.

3) print the darn thing! (probable done at a photography lab through online - I won't look highclass (too costly) but a reasonable price and quality - currently thinking of Photobox (I am UK based)

But there is a tricky part - just what the heck do I have for a theme - so anyone got any ideas? I am not looking to move out of my main areas of interest for this project, but more to remain in my defined areas and to refine what I have learnt thus far. You can look in my blog or even phototracker to find my general subjects (flowers, insects, zoolife, the odd swan - is the easy short version)

2. adamwilliamking

adamwilliamking TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    April-May is a good time to document the change in plants. Actually, it seems like the perfect time to showcase your areas of interest.

ie. blooming, cacooning, etc.

3. Dmitri

Dmitri No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Make it something easy.

Geometric shapes (circles, diamonds)
    Patterns / broken Patterns
    Colors / broken Colors

etc. Pick one and go with it :)

4. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    flowers I can do - however shapes, colours and patterns I think would be tricky for me - I would probably just confuse myself trying! ;)