A thread shut down

bennielou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yep, it got pretty heated. I don't think I'm "all that" but I had a disagreement with someone who thought that they knew better. Maybe they did.
But it really makes me think about how I spend my time. Normally I post to get CC from other pros, talk about the economy, etc.
I have also posted (at least I hope so) helpful tips for photographers who are just starting out.
But in all honesty I probably should be focusing on my jobs, and not on what happens in these forums. For years I have tried to help, but maybe that is not the most important thing.
So anyhoo, I love all the friends I met, all the great photography I have seen, and all the wonderful ideas I got from you all.
I am really happy this forum is here. If you listen, it will help you.
Many Hugs to you all!
Cindy

Later.
With the attitude you threw at the other person I would be embarrassed too.

Well, he was right.

Look, I'm going to give it to you straight. I can only recall seeing two sets from you, the wedding and the engagement in question. While I see you are a "Pro" by title, I also see that a vast majority of members here can recreate those same results, if not surpass, and be consistent with it.
Your attitude came off as if we should know you from Time Magazine covers from your last trip to the middle east. You snapped on him, and my perception was you had a "holier then thou" attitude. Nothing wrong with that from time to time, we all have bad days, I just wouldn't make a habit of it.

Man that was a fun read. :)

If you were as good as you seem to think you are (and I make no judgement on it whatsoever) you probably...

1. Might share your images, but probably would not ask for C&C on them
2. Wouldn't get all offended if someone else made some disparaging remarks about them
3. Wouldn't start rattling off prices at people
4. Wouldn't name drop
5. Wouldn't put someone else down to elevate yourself

etc.

The best photographers I have seen kinda just chuckle at situations like this, thank the person who gave some comments for taking the time, and move on with their lives. They know they're good and that's all that matters.

Anyway, whatever... if you're good, maybe you're good... if nothing else maybe you just need more internal confidence in your own skills and abilities. I dunno.

Seriously, I'm not making ANY kind of judgement here. Well... I am... but I ain't sayin' what it is. :lol:

****....what did I miss!!!!!????? Someone explainz!

Ok....just got informed.......haven't read it through completely....but by the first post only....I feel the need to correct some things.

Seriously?
Yes, I shot down on them. She feels that she is "fat". She is not.

uhhh......are you kidding me? That ***** is faaaaat. 40-50 lbs overweight, easily.

Joints are a PPA rule, which in some people's mind, is the "old way". I cut through joints all the time.

Really? You need to name drop PPA to address the joint issue?

Yes, the location was meaningful, but full of distractions. It was a very small park surrounded by cars, traffic, and buildings. You have to do what you have to do as a pro.

LOL

Did I charge? Yes. Thier package is over $7,000.

I hope that was taken with a Phase One then. Damn ripoff for the greatly exposed faces. /sarcasm Michael Jackson and some bleach could have a less white picture. I'm against metering....but you are in desperate need of one.

Have I seen your work around? I see that you are a student. Are you studying photography? Do you have a studio? I'm only asking because I am wondering why the "hate mail" when all you have are posts about travel on bags......

Douchy-esque finish. I kinda like it. Not going to lie.

Why do people go drama queen when they leave?

She did that last time too didn't she?

Cindy, I'm not saying this just to add salt to a wound, but I've been around a while and knew your work when you were elsa and now bennielou. When you came back, there was a noticeable drop in quality from your previous work. I can't put my finger on it, but it's like you quit caring about the quality. You used to post a crapload of images and everyone showed a lot of care in the PP as well obviously as the image preparation and image itself. This last stuff you've been posting over the past month or so pails in comparison. There is a lot of stuff that you've either overlooked, or saw before you hit the shutter and just didn't care.

I know you couldn't care less, but the swan song was really in poor taste. Don't post images and then cry when you get honest feedback. It doesn't matter if one making critique is Bambi Cantrell or Joe Sixpack. Honest feedback is honest feedback. Don't get your nose out of line when someone is a straight shooter with you, especially with the latest stuff you've been turning out.

Why do people go drama queen when they leave?

She did that last time too didn't she?

Not exactly - I did a search and reminded myself of what happened last time - there were a few rant/argument threads there were locked and are still viewable to members around the same time as her banning from the site before. However her removal was the result (in part or full) of the content of a thread that was removed from public view very quickly so only a few people got a look in to what caused it - it was not the result of the other locked (and viewable) threads directly though previous behavour might have been part of the moderators choice at the time.

Forums are so communist.

Meh...the poses WERE lacking. This from a "pro"? Can't take constructive criticism eh? I guess she would feel different if the same criticisms came from a pro?? Please.....

Here is a new question for you...

Have you asked if you can show the photos you have taken to other people?
If no, what do you think would happen if these people found out?

Ok....just got informed.......haven't read it through completely....but by the first post only....I feel the need to correct some things.

Seriously?
Yes, I shot down on them. She feels that she is "fat". She is not.

uhhh......are you kidding me? That ***** is faaaaat. 40-50 lbs overweight, easily.

Joints are a PPA rule, which in some people's mind, is the "old way". I cut through joints all the time.

Really? You need to name drop PPA to address the joint issue?

Yes, the location was meaningful, but full of distractions. It was a very small park surrounded by cars, traffic, and buildings. You have to do what you have to do as a pro.

LOL

Did I charge? Yes. Thier package is over $7,000.

I hope that was taken with a Phase One then. Damn ripoff for the greatly exposed faces. /sarcasm Michael Jackson and some bleach could have a less white picture. I'm against metering....but you are in desperate need of one.

Have I seen your work around? I see that you are a student. Are you studying photography? Do you have a studio? I'm only asking because I am wondering why the "hate mail" when all you have are posts about travel on bags......

Douchy-esque finish. I kinda like it. Not going to lie.

agree with you on EVERYTHING...well said burns! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back