A thread shut down

Ok, you are on my last nerve. I have tried very hard to ignore you, but here you go:

I teach lighting.

Have a field day with that.

I also didn't fail to notice that you have no website. You continue to diss my work, but you have no work of your own. Can you give real CC or are you just on this forum to make yourself feel big.

If you want to give lighting CC, then give it. Give me your setups and specs. You are all about meters (and by the way I have one) and tell me all about your settings.

You are annoying to the enth degree.

I'm 20 and I'm published. I'm no professional by far, but photography is my main source of income. I give such sophomoric post because I feel that you went way over the line, even if you had a bad day. It doesn't matter. I'm not all about meters, if you know how to properly expose you don't need one. So just take your medicine. I'll forget soon.

Here: Fernando Gonzalez Photography

Take a deep breath and ignore... :D

+1 You are giving great advice sir.

Wow, just wow. Would you mind sharing your work? I'd just love to know this often published master while we are talking.

It's....uhhh...right there.....it's a link....you have to kinda click on it.

ALL of us in this industry have egos ... there's no two ways about that ... some are bigger than others (personally, mine is gigantic) - some of us deserve those big egos because our work is ACTUALLY good; some of us have big egos because we think our work is good and defend our belief by tearing apart work that IS GOOD (know what I am saying here) ... the images I've seen from Cindy lead me to believe that she IS good.

When we perceive our work, our heart and souls, is being attacked, torn apart, or other wise told isn't what we think it is we automatically get defensive. ALL criticism should be looked with merit - are we so good that we should ever stop learning? I think that there is an acceptable way, and a non-acceptable way to critique someone's work so that the creator doesn't feel attacked; because once put on the defensive our message will NEVER be heard by the receiver.

I read the thread, I think that there were many errors in the communication in that thread. I am not going to place blame on anyone ... I am going to say that I think that, within a forum setting, we all need to choose our words carefully as we don't have other clues (body language, inflection of voice, etc.) to pick up on to get the meaning of the sender's message.

Wow. Ok, I am crying again. You touched my heart. Thank you.

This thread is like an episode of Intervention I saw.
Deleted some really aweful comments.

But anyway, carry on. Be free to share all your lighting suggestions to me any moment. Tell me how it's done my friend. I know you have the solution. Tell me how I could have done things better lighting wise. I really want to know. Please share.

All you have to do is to tell me how you could have handled it better. Specs would be nice too.

Too many pictures to critique....but if you posted one...I could give you all my useless knowledge....from lighting, composition, and photoshop. I'd love to.

But that is a downfall sometimes. If you defend your work, you are a jerk who can't take crit.

Not taking one side or another on the issue previously. Just a suggestion or two. Probably not even worth a penny.

Use the Ignore feature of this site. Works wonders! Probably a few have me blocked as well, as a while ago I fell into the same trap and tried to argue with a person (wasn't even over my work but an opinion I expressed). Eventually that person was banned but I still got it from both sides becasue I keep replying to defend my position. So got it from the individual and his supporters. And from the people who supported me but just wanted it to stop. In the end it didn't matter anyway.

Doesn't matter what 1,000 people behind a computer screen thinks. What matters is if your doing it as a profession and its paying the bills consistantly. And YOUR clients are happy. Doesn't matter if I or anyone else on here is happy with them. Everyone has their own style or someone's they are trying to emulate because they like it. Why worry about their style? If you don't like their comments but still just want to say something. Just say "thank you for your imput, I will take it under advisement". Basically it gets the same message across and your not wasting time trying to make your point that really wont solve anything!

Getting worked up over a forum is not worth it.

Sit back, relax, grab the B&H catalog, and have one on me.

Cheers

You are super sweet Ben. I love your outlook and you are 100 percent right. Many happy years to you, My friend!

This thread is like an episode of Intervention I saw.

But anyway, carry on. Be free to share all your lighting suggestions to me any moment. Tell me how it's done my friend. I know you have the solution. Tell me how I could have done things better lighting wise. I really want to know. Please share.

All you have to do is to tell me how you could have handled it better. Specs would be nice too.

Too many pictures to critique....but if you posted one...I could give you all my useless knowledge....from lighting, composition, and photoshop. I'd love to.

You know what? Go for it. I have 6 years of photos on here. I haven't seen ONE of yours by the way. But you are the expert, so tell me how it's done. This, I want to see. Just give me one of your photos. Just one. And I'm still waiting on you to tell me specs on lighting.
Just saying.

Ok, now I'm gonna breathe! LOL

I saw your website.....some beautiful pictures. It's obvious you know how to light and photograph people. Just...idk what happened with those other pictures. Maybe it was the photoshop?

You know what? Go for it. I have 6 years of photos on here. I haven't seen ONE of yours by the way. But you are the expert, so tell me how it's done. This, I want to here. Just give me one of your photos. Just one. And I'm still waiting on you to tell me specs on lighting.
Just saying.

This will be the second time I post the link, I'll make it bigger this time

www.fernandog.com

Burns' stuff is good too ... looks classic "commercial" ... under controlled environmental conditions (I have to admit though, I left the site because it was taking too long to load for my liking so I didn't see all of it) ...

Aren't we all here to learn from one another? Can't we all bring something to the table that is a benefit to everyone here? If the "pros" can't get along HOW IN THE WORLD should we expect the newbies to do so ... this is the type of bickering I would expect to see in the beginner's forum ...

Burns' stuff is good too ... looks classic "commercial" ... under controlled environmental conditions (I have to admit though, I left the site because it was taking too long to load for my liking so I didn't see all of it) ...

Aren't we all here to learn from one another? Can't we all bring something to the table that is a benefit to everyone here? If the "pros" can't get along HOW IN THE WORLD should we expect the newbies to do so ... this is the type of bickering I would expect to see in the beginner's forum ...

Sorry, lol...flash sucks. BUt anyways.....I'm an asshole at heart to begin with, and it really bothered me how she dug into the other person like that.

Now, I am playing nice. I'm trying to get along. I already said that her pictures on her website look fine. Just the pictures in that thread....I THOUGHT....were horrible.

I saw your website.....some beautiful pictures. It's obvious you know how to light and photograph people. Just...idk what happened with those other pictures. Maybe it was the photoshop?

Thank you. On the first photo I posted, I had used an action that brightened things a whole lot. I like to give a variety to the couples. They are always shown photos OOC as well as tweaks. They chose this photo (the first one) as the enlargement.

You know what? Go for it. I have 6 years of photos on here. I haven't seen ONE of yours by the way. But you are the expert, so tell me how it's done. This, I want to here. Just give me one of your photos. Just one. And I'm still waiting on you to tell me specs on lighting.
Just saying.

This will be the second time I post the link, I'll make it bigger this time

www.fernandog.comhttp://www.fernandog.com

Just went to your site, and I have to admit, it's pretty darn fantastic. You are in your 20's really? Wow, I can say you trashed me way back then.

Anyhoo, great stuff. Really awesome.

Wow...I'm a newbie here and this does not feel like a warm and cozy place for me - and it's not just this thread either...

Why can;t we all just get along?

I really love his stuff too as hard as it is to say. Very great work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back