TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Paris
paris.jpg

By the white arch dealy, the Arc de Triumph in the distance
arc.jpg

Bumping. The top one especially looks grainy, is there anything I can do about this? Maybe its the image compression. I'm total noob so I really don't know.

nice :)

did you try taking shots inside Lafayette?

I got quite some trouble with security when setting up my camera there ;)

Thanks!
No I didn't, but I wish I had. It really is beautiful in there. But it doesn't surprise me about the security, it's crazy in there. We had some trouble when we lost some of our friends and it was closing time. The guards tried to make us leave, and abandon them in a place they don't know, as if the extra 5 minutes were a catastrophe:meh:

Side question, I was looking at your site, and the pictures of Chichen Itza and Coba. How did you manage the amazing feat of being there when no one else was?? Or at least avoiding having others in your pictures? When I went I was lucky if I only had 4 or 5 people in a shot.

Answer to your first Question:
-The image is grainy because your ISO's were too high.

Answer to your second Question:
-Try getting out there before sunrise and wait for the sun to come up. If your that early I'm sure there won't be many people out, and that's the best lighting for photography anyways.

Cool pics.

Thanks!
No I didn't, but I wish I had. It really is beautiful in there. But it doesn't surprise me about the security, it's crazy in there. We had some trouble when we lost some of our friends and it was closing time. The guards tried to make us leave, and abandon them in a place they don't know, as if the extra 5 minutes were a catastrophe:meh:

i had to pretend i could only speak English when the security tried to explain me i had to erase my CF card ;) ... then they sent me to the management instead ;)

Side question, I was looking at your site, and the pictures of Chichen Itza and Coba. How did you manage the amazing feat of being there when no one else was?? Or at least avoiding having others in your pictures? When I went I was lucky if I only had 4 or 5 people in a shot.

oh, just some simple rules for that:

1. travel off-peak season (this already helped fo Coba)

2. do not travel in any sort of group, two people are max (more people are ok if you are in total control of them, like slaves or employees).

Plan your travels on your own. be at one place for more than one day if possible.

3. do your photographic excursions in early morning or late afternoon.

4. be patient ... very patient. (some of the shots actually have hundreds of people around, just none of them happened to be in line of sight when i took the shot).

Most reactions

Back