A Tough Decision - Policy Update

Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to let you all know about a decision that I've made which I believe is in the best interest of the forum. Unfortunately, there are going to be a few people that will be immediately impacted by this decision....I'm sorry to those who fall into that group.

I've decided to limit this forum to people over 18 years of age. There are numerous reasons for this decision, so I hope all of you will understand. Some factors are increased posts containing nudity, the kinds of spamming we sometimes see, and my hopes on attempting to keep the maturity level here as high as possible.

I hope all of you will support me in my decision, I do believe it is the best thing for the forum as a whole. For those of you under 18, we will be going through and disabling your accounts over the next couple of days while we implement a system to screen new users as well.

Again, I am sorry to those of you who are affected by this decision, but I do believe it is in the best interest of the forum as a whole.

Chase

Chase said:
I wanted to let you all know about a decision that I've made which I believe is in the best interest of the forum. Unfortunately, there are going to be a few people that will be immediately impacted by this decision....I'm sorry to those who fall into that group.

I've decided to limit this forum to people over 18 years of age. There are numerous reasons for this decision, so I hope all of you will understand. Some factors are increased posts containing nudity, the kinds of spamming we sometimes see, and my hopes on attempting to keep the maturity level here as high as possible.

I hope all of you will support me in my decision, I do believe it is the best thing for the forum as a whole. For those of you under 18, we will be going through and disabling your accounts over the next couple of days while we implement a system to screen new users as well.

Again, I am sorry to those of you who are affected by this decision, but I do believe it is in the best interest of the forum as a whole.

Chase

You....you.....you....I cant think of a word to describe you...you know how angry I am? If I were any other person id try and hack this flippin site right here right now.

Ive added to this site whether you like it or not...and this is what you do?

I mean what? I havent seen nude photos before? Its not as if im a baby!? I know what it is...you dont like me....because Im younger than you, im not as good as you? IS THAT it? To hell with it, im gonna do my best to bring this site down. I have the IP! I have all the info I need...you just wait Chase...ill create and admin account....and ILL BAN YOU! DISABLE YOUR ACCOUNT!

Ahh to hell with it, i dont need this place...infact to hell with photography, Im just gonna go back to just playing p.c. games all my life, if this is what anything else brings me.

Just wait Chase, ill get you for this, Ill get you you......GAH!

I'm kinda shocked Chase. But it's your site so it's up to you.

Artemis that is a foolish post. Not only have you shown me that an age limit may be a good idea but you've just given Chase reason to report you to your ISP. Threatening to hack someone and/or their site is probably against your ISP's TOS. Not only that, but if something happens he knows where to start looking.

ferny said:
I'm kinda shocked Chase. But it's your site so it's up to you.

Artemis that is a foolish post. Not only have you shown me that an age limit may be a good idea but you've just given Chase reason to report you to your ISP. Threatening to hack someone and/or their site is probably against your ISP's TOS. Not only that, but if something happens he knows where to start looking.

I agree with both statements... it's his site, and I understand why he might want to do it, since it's his ass if say a young kid joins, sees something he/she doesn't like, tells his/her parents and they come after Chase. Sure it might not happen, but it's a chance that he shouldn't have to take. So i agree.

And yeah, that was pretty much a stupid post IMO Arty, and i hope you were joking....that's all i'm gunna say.

I understand the decision but really feel for Arty. It is more of a legel decision then a personal attack. It really makes me sad for someone like Arty who contributes so much to the site.

Eric

I think this is about time, damned little kids running about everywhere.
Ive always liked this site, but never wanted to join because of People like Artemis!
1) kids should not be on forums
2) they shouldbe even be on the net

And also it means I can finally show you guys some of my REAL images, the proper artsy ones, hope you like them
Good riddence Artemis!

This is Chase's forum and he can set the rules. I will miss Artemis and Andreag5 and especially LittleMan. I am sure that Chase thought long and hard before making such a difficult decision and I hope all of you will come back when you turn 18 so we can celebrate with you and see you again.

I'm a little confused... does this policy apply to all of TPF or just the off-topic forum? I suppose I can survive either way, as my 18th birthday is in <8 months, but it still will be hard as I've grown to really get used to this forum. I just feel for those who are even younger and I am and are years off from that age. I'm not happy with this decision, but like almost everyone else (except artemis... it sucks that that had to be his 2,000th post) has said, this is Chase's site after all.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dang it. Walked right into that!!! I finally got to the point at school that I don't believe my sneaky little children when they tell me that they are moving or they are getting out of choir. And then I walk right into it here. Arrrggghhhhh!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back