A trip to Southerndown

Hi!

I agree with the other comment given that the first picture is better if it is cropped a bit, a very nice subject and picture by the way!!
I like the insect picture as well, although my comment here is that it might have been better if you had tried a little bit faster shutterspeed (if your camera has
this capability), so you can still see a bit of the wings..

For the rest... nice pictures!

Cheers,

Hey guys - thanks so much for all your comments (and compliments! :blushing: ). Firstly the blue flower pic - I've tried a slightly tighter crop which I hope will better satisfy pursuer and anges, without losing the blue/green divide or the negative space in front of the flower. Any better?

P1010057bwborder_resize.jpg

Hummingbird hawkmoth? They dart about so quickly that I found it really difficult to get close, focus and shoot before he zipped off to the other side of the garden. I just stuck my camera in Program/Macro and ran about after him until I got this one. It was taken at 1/650s as it is, so I suspect that even if I'd had time to adjust the shutter speed, it wouldn't have made a lot of difference - the fastest the C-750 will do is 1/1000s. Just after I took this shot he disappeared over a wall and I didn't see him again that afternoon :-( - but by this time I'd already got some pretty puzzled looks from the other visitors to the gardens!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back