A trip to the zoo

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by LeSueur24, Nov 25, 2007.

1. LeSueur24

LeSueur24 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    EDIT: Wasn't sure if I put this in the right forum, go ahead and move it if it's not.

On Friday I went to the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro with my family. I was able to rent a Canon 70-200 2.8 IS lens before the trip so I got a lot of great shots. I'll post a few here and a link to the rest of them.
    Grizzly bear
    [​IMG]
    Forgot the name, but a cool looking bird
    [​IMG]
    It took this elephant a good 10 minutes to give up on trying to get this stump out of the ground
    [​IMG]
    The King of the jungle
    [​IMG]
    And a parrot
    [​IMG]

You can find the album for the rest of the pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexlesueur/sets/72157603278918273/

2. YoungRebel

YoungRebel TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow, I like your shots...every shot tells it's own story

I tried to take pics in the zoo about a week ago in the Los Angeles Griffith-Park-Zoo but I couldn't take one shot that looks as good as yours!

Were there no fences around the birds?
    (I was frustrated entering the L.A. Zoo cause every cage and the surrounding in which the animals are living in looked really unattractive and old)

3. LeSueur24

LeSueur24 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well the 2 birds I posted in the thread there weren't any fences around, but I know exactly what you're talking about. Those birds were in the aviary (where my lens would fog up every 30 seconds) and they just flew around freely. I found that if I got close enough to the fence and found the right angle, that I'd be able to shoot through the holes in the fence.

4. lostprophet

lostprophet No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    wow

that Lion shot is amazing!!

and the rest are very good as well