A True HDR photo " The

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So after my last posting of using color grading and applying it to photos there was a big issue about it.

I thought I would take the time to show a true HDR image. This is not tonemapped or I did not use photomatix or any other hdr software. This is three exposures that have been manually blended in photoshop with some masking to get all the range in the photo. By doing this process I have been able to make a photo realistic true HDR image. I have not altered any colors.

Keep in mind I enjoy many areas of HDR and processing, I don't look through only one door. I like to experiment with filters and colors and I love to process the heck out of an image. I do what I enjoy doing!

The Open Window:

The window by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

The reason I post this image is because based off what one individual said in a prior discussion this would only be the type of photo worthy of posting in this section, since it has not been tonemapped or processed to the point where it makes it "BAD".

Manually blending your own exposures takes way more time than using software to do it for you. The outcome is different as you can see here this photo actually looks like a photo and not a tonemapeed typical HDR photo that we see. By no means am I knocking those because I love them but, once my understanding of HDR was in question I thought what better way to answer with an actual image to show my understanding of HDR.

Cheers

Last edited:
Very cool, fwiw, I never doubted your understanding. lol.

Now...in true fashion of your style; cook that mother F'er up and show us what you love. :)

Very cool, fwiw, I never doubted your understanding. lol.

Now...in true fashion of your style; cook that mother F'er up and show us what you love. :)

:lol:

Agreed!

" I thought what better way to answer with an actual image"

Why feel the need to answer at all?

Opinions are like a**holes.... everyone's got one and most of 'em stink. :biglaugh: :sexywink:

Now thats a really good image. Photographic quality, with great detail in the light areas as well as the darks. Now why do you consider this boring?

I don't consider this boring, but if every picture was like this on here then I would consider it boring. Make sense? I enjoy seeing what people can accomplish and I enjoy processing photos and altering them. If every painter was like picasso where would be? Thats my point in our discussion.

I agree completely but I guess the HDR forum should be for the boring stuff. Thats why there is the other forum for Graphics Programs Photo Gallery. Its to show off those experimental things you we all do.

I like it.
And I really enjoy manually creating HDR photos in photoshop instead of leaving everything to the software, though you're right it takes an enormous lot of time. There's always some little corner of a layer mask that can be improved or blurred more :)

This picture is worthless without the original mid to compare it too......... :mrgreen:

Oh, and that's one mighty fine shot...no, it's more than just fine, that's downright diggity! :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

VIPG doesn't know anything about HDR????? Lol, puhlease! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Would you mind posting up the three exposures so we can play too?

Last edited:
I agree completely but I guess the HDR forum should be for the boring stuff. Thats why there is the other forum for Graphics Programs Photo Gallery. Its to show off those experimental things you we all do.

Again, nobody said it was boring...

My knowledge of Photoshop is pretty basic. I mean, really basic. Layers? Masks? Nope, never screwed around with them.

I have no problem letting the software do the work. Hell, photography isn't nearly what it used to be. Everything's changed, and darkroom skills have gone the way of the dinosaur...

I love the image you posted, but I have a feeling this thread will not end well...

I took the liberty and tonemapped it for you.

Your welcome.

7533301710_de472069e2_b_tonemapped.jpg

haha I like yours better. I just did this to stir the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back