A Truss Bridge with a Bascule Span

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Transited one of our boats from the Thames River over to the Connecticut River for some programming, and I was able to grab a few pictures from the docks before the kids arrived. It was a rainy trip over, but when we tied up the weather had cleared for a bit, and this image just really stuck out as a keeper for me. Thoughts?

_RSP3020-Edit by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

Updated crop:

_RSP3020-Edit by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like it, but the right side has too much of a draw for me.

I agree with waday, Maybe crop out the building to the right? I love the contrast in the clouds and the sub. the building is just a distraction.

Not bad, but my eye goes to the rope and whatever it is on the right side before it goes to the bridge. I love the clouds, but just too much distraction in the current foreground. I agree with flameshots - maybe crop out the building on the right.

Not sure, but is it possible to shoot it from a different angle that would remove most of the foreground stuff - you still need a bit, but not as much as you have in this one.

WesternGuy

Not bad, but my eye goes to the rope and whatever it is on the right side before it goes to the bridge. I love the clouds, but just too much distraction in the current foreground. I agree with flameshots - maybe crop out the building on the right.

Not sure, but is it possible to shoot it from a different angle that would remove most of the foreground stuff - you still need a bit, but not as much as you have in this one.

WesternGuy

I wish it were, but our boat is rarely at the DEEP docks, and it's gated/locked so the only time I could shoot is when we're working (which I do like twice a summer).

haha, I'll re-crop and post later :)

Jake

WesternGuy

I wish it were, but our boat is rarely at the DEEP docks, and it's gated/locked so the only time I could shoot is when we're working (which I do like twice a summer).

haha, I'll re-crop and post later :)

Jake

No problem. Often you have to take what you can when you can and hope you can do something with it in post. Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.

WesternGuy

I like it and I agree with the comments about cropping.

Updated the original with a crop :)

[emoji5]️[emoji5]️[emoji5]️[emoji5]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back