A try at liquids.

bantor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jrcreations.bravehost.com
Well I was looking through the December contest pictures, and I was inspired to try some of my own.

dsc00126tl.jpg

drip12zn.jpg

drip1copy6kw.jpg

Not very spectacular, but I thought they turned out alright for my first try at liquids.

Thanks for looking,

After seeing the fabulous images of liquids posted on here, Im eager to have a go at this myself.
I really like the starkness of the b&w in pic 3, well done!

the third's my favorite. the first doesn't really do it for me... no offence :meh:. but i like 2 and 3 but the b&w works better for that shot. nice work!

slickhare said:
the third's my favorite. the first doesn't really do it for me... no offence :meh:. but i like 2 and 3 but the b&w works better for that shot. nice work!

QFE, the second two are great though!

Rob

slickhare said:
What slickhare said. Again. :)

the third is really great :thumbup:

Thanks all. Truth be told, I agree also with what is being said. Number one was my first try and I thought a different perspective would look cool, but ultimatly the actual drops turned out much better.

wow..dude....:thumbup:
I really love #2...great color...

would you mind sharing your settings....one day i want to try stuff like that too, so it might help when i got some info about the settings :mrgreen: ...thanks

Pat

Thanks again all, I did one more, what do you think about this one?

index6ck.jpg

SR1, I would love to. Shutter at 1/60 of a second f5.6 55mm, but here is the kicker, use a flash. I could have done this with an even slower shutter speed, but the flash capture the exact moment it flashes at. To do high speed stuff if you use a flash you should be good to go. Just make sure the flash setting is set to go off when the sutter opens and not when it closes.

thanks for that detailed info....gonna write that down, so i can't forget:mrgreen:

The last one is really impressive....think you turned it on the site...gives a great effect, like a slow-motion bullet striking into glass....amazing:hail:

Most reactions

Back