walter23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
grizzly1.jpg

grizzly2.jpg

grizzly4.jpg

grizzly3.jpg

A grizzly bear, in fact.

great shots!! you had to be quick there, cause those are so detailed and clear!

i tried shooting some black bears just a week ago, and its tough... great job!

We also have bears here in Germany ... (carry on reading!) ... that have this little yellow label in their ear ... on which it reads "Steiff". They are friendly and nice and quite expensive...

...ah, but somehow it seems like this one is just a tiny bit different from those, despite its yellow tag. Might not read "Steiff", that one ;););).

Have you taken these recently?
Do you already have the first snow where you are???????

wow, he/she is huge! is this bear in the wild, tagged like that? I've seen a couple of black bears in the wild, they never stuck around long enough to have their photo taken...

LaFoto said:
Have you taken these recently?
Do you already have the first snow where you are???????

Yeah, two days ago. There is snow in the mountains, but so far it's still fall out here on the plains.

Actually, I later noticed that this bear was also wearing a collar - maybe a radio collar? I noticed it in a few other photos.

Wow, i would probably crap my pants if a saw a huge bear like that (it doesnt even have to be huge)
Great pics, very clear. Really like the 3rd one.

Bears look so much bigger in person.... so I can imagine how big that bear is! It looks huge in the photos! Which are great :) The second one is great... the only thing I would do is photoshop the tag from his ear. LOL

Pamela

Privet, fotoljubitelju ot fotoljubitelja :)!
Great pictures, I really like the second shot. Did you use a telephoto lens for these? I wouldn't dare using a normal!

Haha, what's the difference between a fotoljubitelju and a fotoljubitelja? One masculine and one feminine? I must admit that my russian signature is a vicious lie, as I don't know any russian (except for привет of course, and a vague understanding of the cyrillic alphabet :) )

Anyway, this was with a 200mm telephoto lens, but the bear was pretty close. Fortunately I was safely following him from a car (I know, that takes away some of the romance of it...)

Knopka said:
Privet, fotoljubitelju ot fotoljubitelja :)!
Great pictures, I really like the second shot. Did you use a telephoto lens for these? I wouldn't dare using a normal!

Yep, Indeed, nice shots. Very good work. :)

And Lafoto, I think that tag reads "If you can read this tag you are too close"

Most reactions

Back