A View from a Bridge.

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Wilson Bridge to be exact. Photographed this morning at 7:30 am. I enjoy the water and fog. Somehow it only seems close to good. Let me know.
Nikon D1 ƒ3.5 @ 1/60, 18mm focal length, sunshine WB, 200 ISO

wilsonbridge390da.jpg

that is amazing, it looks like something you would see as a poster, and I would love to hang a huge version of it on my wall. Now, having said that I must say that even in my landscapes, I prefer to have more of a subject in my photos, obviously just my opinion though

damn.. when I read the title I expected something completely different and now I can only say... wow!!!

I'll take a wow! Thank you!!! It is interesting how titles can change an image. That is a whole other story. I have been trying to photograph water for weeks and I have been failing miserably. This may be as good as it gets. I am starting to get frustrated. A waterfall would come in handy. Need less to say; things are a little frozen at this point.

All that fog doesnt do it for me. Theres no subject to me. I can see a beautiful picture, but without that distracting fog. It clouds up the picture and kinda turns me off.

i really like the fog actually, it adds something to the image. as i said earlier this would be a good large wall piece. it would be a good modest piece

Will, the fog adds what? Please explain.

Craig don't think I'm bashing you :) I could see this photo as a huge poster on my wall also. The fog kinda blocks the viewer to see what is going on, your left wonding what is missing. I feel there isnt a real clear subject. Theres alot of fog here... Less is more sometimes...

Thanks for your concern MostlyDigital!!! Generally speaking; I love all comments good bad or indifferent. All people know that it is OK to speak their peace.

Anyway; that fog is covering up something. That is why I like it. I think it is the only thing saving the photo. The comments are helping. I am convinced that I will get the coolest "water" photo in the weeks (or years) to come!!!

Are you really on a bridge when you took that photo? Whoa!~ HahA!~

Anyway, the fog was okay for me.... would like to see how the River meanders towards the end (top of picture) which, for now was hampered due to the fog.

Can't wait for your reshoot!~ PeaCe!~

I dunno. I love the angle on this photo, LOVE it. Hey craig, if you're ever back there and can recreate it, just fool around with it. To me the angle you have there does it for me. Love the angle. LOL, for real, i really like the angle.

For this picture, I think that the fog does cover things up and with out it, the snow on the right wouldnt look properly exposed, cuz its blown out.

I dunno, dont think I'm that asscrack thats supercritical and never posts any of his own pictures. But when I do, I want everyone to pile on it and get thier licks in, lol. I personally like to know what needs correcting in my pics.

Oh and craig, yeh, I love water too. Its hard to shoot. But I'm gettin better. :)

Cooll!!! Great dialogue and I am proud. The responses are helping.

This was taken on a bridge. This is a shot of the Snake River. Of course the reason that the "Bridge freezes before road surface" is because cold air is under there. The temp was -6º and I was freezing. I only lasted 1/2 an hour. Plus I had no tripod. A reshoot is in order. We will se what the elements have in store.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back