a view of my hometown.. (need advise)

emo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello, please give me some advice how can i improve this shots.. they came out so white-ish.. how can i make it a cripy color straight from the camera??

all of them are just croped & resized..
mountains3fy.jpg

mountains13ih.jpg

mountains24ki.jpg

4. auto level from P.S
mountains38ir.jpg

To my mind, it is natural haze in the air that makes your photos so white-ish, as you are saying. A natural-density filter (ND filter) would possibly help (but I am not the filter expert here, by far!) In my language we use a "new-German" word for them and call them "Skylight-Filter" (actually using this very word!).

But you better wait for the more knowledgable photographers to come and see your photos to tell you what may help you get crisp colours straight from the camera!

Thanks La Foto... perhaps i dont know how to use my camera properly on this kind of shots, so that is why it ended up like that :( please guide me to the right path, Thank You..

What beautiful landscape! I think LaFoto is talking about a UV filter. UV filters are supposed to help with haze because most of the light scattered in the atmoshere is toward the UV end of the spectrum. As crawdaddio suggested a polarizing filter could also help, probably your best bet.

There is a lot that could be done to improve the existing photos in photshop. A little more contrast, some cloning etc... If you would like I could show you an example.

pursuer said:
What beautiful landscape! I think LaFoto is talking about a UV filter. UV filters are supposed to help with haze because most of the light scattered in the atmoshere is toward the UV end of the spectrum. As crawdaddio suggested a polarizing filter could also help, probably your best bet.

There is a lot that could be done to improve the existing photos in photshop. A little more contrast, some cloning etc... If you would like I could show you an example.

Thank You crawdaddio & pursuer, please show me some example.. Thank You so much :)

thanks a lot pursuer, i will spend more time on PS before posting some pics. here. :) & i guess i should invest for a good Filters.. thanks again.. ;)

This was only about a five minute effort. you could get much better results with the origional files. All I did was increase the contrast in the mountains and sky and brighten the forground seperatly using the quickmask mode and the gradiant tool. I also selectively desaturated the blues and increased saturation in the greens. Oh and I quickly cloned out some of the grass.

On second look it might be just a little on the dark side but it was just a quick effort. hope that helps.

Edit: np :)

You are lucky to have such beautiful scenery. Nice captures. I would echo what everyone has said here and you should also look into some image editing programs like Photoshop elements, or Gimp which is free.

I use PS7 and came up with this using the channel mixer and adjusting the curves. It was done quickly but you get the point :)

mountains24ki.jpg

mountains.jpg

Philppines ia always hazy, so much humidity, but these shots must have been on a fairly clear day.. Is this in Visayas?? Cebu area? We were in Cebu, and stayed at Plantation bay 2 years ago for our honeymoon!

Thanks JOAT i'll try to get one of those software...

Raymond J, this is in Luzon :) part of a provinces of RIZAL.. around 18-22kms. away from Manila..

just wait for a clear day, photoshop cannot make a bad picture good....

but it can do a lot to it..... youl end up with it looking photoshopped......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back