A Walk Through the Park (C&C)

VoLcOmKiDd911

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.live-360.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's my 3 favorite pictures from my walk through a park by my city hall, c&c please and thank you.

1/6s - F/20
1.jpg

1/200s - F/18 - ISO 1600
2.jpg

1/320s - F/5.6 - ISO 400
3.jpg

#1 - Why did you shoot this @ f/20? Should have shot @ a small f/stop value (larger aperture) to get the shutter speed up. Did you hand hold this shot? What was the intent of the shot?

#2 - It seems that this was shot with some decent light, why did you choose ISO 1600? For daytime outdoor shots you don't need to shoot with a high ISO, this looks like you could have shot it at ISO 200. High ISO will give you noise and noise will degrade image clarity and sharpness. I like the idea that you were trying to capture the curved benches but sometimes you gotta get higher to make the shot more interesting.

#3 - I like that you got low for this shot and you used a lower ISO, but I would have looked for a more interesting background to shoot against. Looks like if you moved to the right you could have used a bush (or something) as the background. To reduce the depth of field and put the background more out of focus, you could have used f/3.5 and zoomed out a bit from 18mm and stayed in close to the plant.

You are horrible just sell you're camera.

You should have listened to my advice before, stick with a disposable noob.

I do hope that you personally know the original poster and are saying this in an efforet to "rib" them and be funny to your friend. If not, then we definately need to work on our people skills.

:lol: If you want to remove my response to get rid of the quote, feel free.

#3 is ok...the conifer or whatever it is on the left peeping in is a bit annoying but gdgd.

#1 the path way is a bit soft maybe??

#2 I don't know...maybe something to do with the sky or the trees that makes it blunt.

But I'm a noob so don't take too much notice of what I say lol you're pics are prob fine.

#1 - Why did you shoot this @ f/20? Should have shot @ a small f/stop value (larger aperture) to get the shutter speed up. Did you hand hold this shot? What was the intent of the shot?

#2 - It seems that this was shot with some decent light, why did you choose ISO 1600? For daytime outdoor shots you don't need to shoot with a high ISO, this looks like you could have shot it at ISO 200. High ISO will give you noise and noise will degrade image clarity and sharpness. I like the idea that you were trying to capture the curved benches but sometimes you gotta get higher to make the shot more interesting.

#3 - I like that you got low for this shot and you used a lower ISO, but I would have looked for a more interesting background to shoot against. Looks like if you moved to the right you could have used a bush (or something) as the background. To reduce the depth of field and put the background more out of focus, you could have used f/3.5 and zoomed out a bit from 18mm and stayed in close to the plant.

I shot 1 because i liked the tree and the path and yeah i should have lowered the aperture i dont really know why i had it that small. i think i got confused because i wanted the depth of field to go all the way back but now thinking about it a larger one would have been just fine. I was holding the camera for this shot, well every shot really since i dont own a tripod yet but i can see how it will help me.

Again, im not really sure why i had it on 1600. On previous shots i would forget about the white balance and i was trying to get that right and i think i just forgot about the ISO.

Again, im not really sure why i had it on 1600. On previous shots i would forget about the white balance and i was trying to get that right and i think i just forgot about the ISO.
You'll eventually remember to check your camera settings before you shoot. I made that mistake all the time when I first started but now the first thing I find myself doing when I turn on the camera is check the settings and then readjust as necessary before each shot. I still forget once in awhile though (a quick peek at the LCD after the shot usually wakes me up).

yeah its usually because when i have it on A/S Priority mode ill just think about the DOF/Shutter speed and i forget about the other stuff sometimes. Im getting better though, one thing at a time ;). Thanks for your input by the way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back