A wedding in 8 photos...

grooski said:
hmmm....i like the dance one....just not much to say about the rest...

Are you just having a bad day and trying to bring everyone else down? If so, how about keeping all of these negative comments to yourself.

Nice series! :thumbsup:

I almost skipped over this thread thinking, "geez another boring series of wedding shots". But OMG, these were GREAT and such a different approach. :cheer: Good luck in the contest! Keep us informed!

Thanks guys. It's nice to find some photos that truly tell the story. And, jonmikal, I'll try to title a bit more creatively next time :wink:

Hia Alison,
Youve caught the essence of the day in a fantastic style. I wasn't that struck on 'reception' at first but its appeal grows the more you look at it I would Definately enter that one in a comp.. My other favourite is the rings, I tried the same Idea on a shot I took at my cousins wedding last year, it really adds impact to the image. Can't wait to see your next offerings.

Wow, very nice contrast. You certainly captured a great moment with the 'Reception' photo. You are very good with that "selective coloring" too!

I think the "rings" and first dance are simply awesome. I dont really like "details", IMHO it would improve dramaticly had you
1) taken a more interesting angle than straight up at the stairs
2)Maybe used a wider lens and come closer to the vases to make them look bigger(in relationship to the background objects), they do seem a little weiny to be a clear distinctive subject. Or else you could have used a greater foc. length lens to make them overlap each other and hence sort of group them together into one bigger shape.

A good job of concisely presenting the special day, and some wonderful images on their own too.

To me "details" sort of sticks out though, you already have some wonderful images showing the details, while there really isn't a nice, clear pic of the groom. I mean, it's her day and all, but he's a VIP too :wink:

ksmattfish said:
A good job of concisely presenting the special day, and some wonderful images on their own too.

To me "details" sort of sticks out though, you already have some wonderful images showing the details, while there really isn't a nice, clear pic of the groom. I mean, it's her day and all, but he's a VIP too :wink:

Don't worry, there are plenty of pictures of him as well. I just posted these when I got home as they were some of my favorties when I was taking them. The flowers were important to the couple, their reception was in the backyard and we all spend a good amount of time trying to secure the tablecloths to the picnic tables in the wind (me included!).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back