A wedding shot

mr e

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ijphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So it's from a friends wedding that I was invited so I took my camera to take some photos for her in addition to whatever the professional photog got.

I'm working on this photo to send her for a wedding present, so I'm looking for comments on the colors/softness/vignetting, or anything else you can think of.

It's the only wedding I've ever shot, and I don't have a flash so I just made due with what I had, but what do you think?

Any comments are very much appreciated :)

wedding.jpg

It's cropped a little too tight for me, I'd like to seem more space around them.

I don't mind the dreamy feel and the heavy vignette but the flowers look like the only thing that has any sharpness...I'd like to seem their faces a little more clearly.

I agree it is cropped tight, personally i m not a fan of the soft focus dreamy feel but thats more personal choice.

Was this a planned shot or an opertunist shot

Dislike the purple background, but love the soft look. I agree maybe it could be soft around the edges and sharpen up the faces...and if its gonna be this close maybe crop it to a waist or even torso shot.

I don't know how the soft look was obtained, PS Camera?? so I worry about an enlargement... My first dislike would be the lit candle ready to burn his, ummm Arse...calling Dr. Clone...

The softness is an issue that you might like , but what about bride and groom.. its a type shot that most who are not photo savvvy would look at and say, damn wish is was in better focus.. so only you and the new hubby and wife can figure out out this will work..

i also think in a shot like this it would be better full figures , or cropped just below new hubbies hand..

my 2 cents???

I agree it is cropped tight, personally i m not a fan of the soft focus dreamy feel but thats more personal choice.

Was this a planned shot or an opertunist shot

Yeah I was thinking it was cropped either too tightly, or not tight enough and I should just go upper body, which is what I'm thinking would look better.

The professional photog was posing them for shots and I was just standing back taking some of my own. (I made sure the other photog didn't mind before I even took out my camera, so he knew I was just taking casual shots)

aammoore said:
Dislike the purple background, but love the soft look. I agree maybe it could be soft around the edges and sharpen up the faces...and if its gonna be this close maybe crop it to a waist or even torso shot.
The purple background was actually lit that way, I thought it was kind of neat, and a torso crop probably would be better.

New England Moments said:
I don't know how the soft look was obtained, PS Camera?? so I worry about an enlargement... My first dislike would be the lit candle ready to burn his, ummm Arse...calling Dr. Clone...

The softness is an issue that you might like , but what about bride and groom.. its a type shot that most who are not photo savvvy would look at and say, damn wish is was in better focus.. so only you and the new hubby and wife can figure out out this will work..

i also think in a shot like this it would be better full figures , or cropped just below new hubbies hand..

my 2 cents???
It's from a 350D, the softness was added with photoshop

Lol, yeah I saw that candle afterwards, it does need to be removed

mysteryscribe said:
you might can sell this if you have ten sharp ones similiar...
...except I'm not selling it, it's a wedding present for them, but note taken about the softness being too much.

I'll mess around with removing the softness around the mouth/eyes/hair and see what starts looking better, but thanks everybody for your comments :)

Most reactions

Back