A Weed's Nightmare

Great picture! The idea is great, and the textures in the hand and weed are very engaging.

I found the picture to be a little dark, though. It may be my monitor, but it may need a little bit of lightening. I lose some of the detail at the bottom of the weed.

i think the dark adds to the feel personally.

great pic :thumbup:

Another digilux 2 shooter!!!!
That camera has got to have one of the most loyal base of users. Rightfully so because it still produces absolutely stunning images even for a camera "dating back" to 2003.

.... I'm just a little jealous....

I love the idea behind the photo... very creative! The textures in the hand give a very "rough" feeling to the scene offset by the delicate flower. Folks who never break the so called "rules" of composition should examine this capture for it shows that sometimes it is ok to perfectly center a subject within frame.

The knuckle at top of the frame did get clipped. If the hand had a bit longer un-manicured fingernails and the flower looked a little more delicate, that would push it a little further towards the "nightmarish" kinda feel.

Thanks for the comments.

Re: Digilux 2 - An awesome camera. I love it. I went through a number of DSLRs, but none of them (re)ignited my passion for photography as the Digilux 2. It's my go-to camera despite its limitations (5MPs) and relative slowness. It's a pity that both Panasonic and Leica turned the LC1/Digilux2 into the last of their kind.

Re: centered subject and clipped knuckle. First one intentional (the weed was "dreaming" and thus the center of the action) second one ... well ... sloppiness on my part. I would have fixed it if I had noticed.

Re: un-manicured hands. These hands have never seen a manicure - and are unlikely to do so :lol:.

Thanks again for the commentary,

Alberto

Most reactions

Back