A winter's night

uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last night was a balmy 30 degrees and I had no plans for the new years... so I went out on a photo hike to get some night shots of Winona. These three were my favorites.

a18.jpg

Focal length: 43.0mm
Exposure time: 88.000 s
Aperture: f/11.0
ISO equiv.: 100
Metering Mode: center weight
Exposure: Manual

garvin2.jpg

Focal length: 28.0mm
Exposure time: 26.000 s

garvin1.jpg

Focal length: 105.0mm
Exposure time: 9.000 s

When I only saw the first photo, I thought, well wow, there is so much going on in Winona as there is here, in my neck of the woods, but then there also are the other two photos and agreed: there is town all right ;).

Very nice.
I am amazed at the amount of light you still managed to capture when you zoomed in on the town. You did not change the aperture, so for how long did you keep the shutter open in the last? Was it NOT windy? (I would assume if it had been, you would not have gained this clarity).

Thanks for the comments. Winona is in the mississippi river valley surrounded by steep bluffs. So we have these crazy windy roads that go up the side and amazing overlooks of the city. Its neat how you can have a busy lit-up city in winona and if you just drive 5 minutes up and out of the valley into the farmland, its complete darkness and silence. I recently was offered a new job in downtown minneapolis, so i'm moving next week and will no longer be around this truely amazing area of the state. Makes me sorta sad, but I will have a whole new area to explore and photograph :D

I also edited my first post to include the exif data.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back