A woodpecker, a flower, and a petal of a flower.

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Woodpecker:
_DSC7430.jpg

A Flower:
_DSC7424.jpg

A Petal of a Flower:
_DSC7383.jpg

Critique, as always, is welcome. Thanks for looking.

im a big fan of bird, and taking photos of them, and with the red cap on that woodpecker makes me love it! all great shots

on the last one, the blured center makes me dizzy. i like it, i forces me to look all over the picture. can't keep my eye in one spot.

on the last one, the blured center makes me dizzy. i like it, i forces me to look all over the picture. can't keep my eye in one spot.

I'm glad the effect I was going for worked! Haha. I was trying to keep the viewer in a bit of chaos.

That first one is cropped so heavily, it's ridiculous. I seriously cropped that one to about the center 15% of the original, it held up better than I thought it would. I really need a lens longer than 200mm for bird shots.

congrats u got 2000 posts, ;)

go check the fourth version of "the contrast"

Love them all, but that 3rd one... BOSS!! Beautiful joB!! Will you share your settings and equiptment used?

Love them all, but that 3rd one... BOSS!! Beautiful joB!! Will you share your settings and equiptment used?

For sure:

Woodpecker: Nikon D300, Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR at 200mm f/4, 1/100th shutter speed, ISO Lo.1 (100 equivalent)

Flower: Nikon D300, Nikon 60mm f/2.8 AF-S Micro Nikkor @ f/36, 1/100th shutter speed, ISO Lo.1 (100 equivalent), Nikon SB-800 @ full power

Petal: Nikon D300, Nikon 60mm f/2.8 AF-S Micro Nikkor @f/16, 1/100th shutter speed, ISO Lo.1 (100 equivalent), Nikon SB-800 @ full power (x2)

Wow at all of them! I love the pileated woodpecker - those guys can be evasive.
And the last one is just crazy - definately my favorite. Like the way it keeps the eye traveling, you don't just stop and look at it, the eye moves around.

I like all of them but the first one is first. The third one is eerily that close I would not know what it was without you mentioning it.

It look like the lens worth the money after all.

I like all of them but the first one is first. The third one is eerily that close I would not know what it was without you mentioning it.

It look like the lens worth the money after all.

That was the idea of the third one, an abstract approach. Haha, thanks for the comments. I am pretty happy with the third one, those birds are so paranoid, I had to crawl up to it, and I was still like, fifteen feet away when it flew away, I was sad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back