A1 GP Race 2007 - Brands Hatch, Kent

SeriouslyC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.capturinglight.me.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was limited to using my EF 50mm f/1.8 for these shots, so I know when shooting events like this a telephoto would be more useful but havent aquired one yet.

Panning an A1GP car going about 130MPH was quite challenging, but I was getting good by the end of the day :lol:

Comments and critique please.

These look really good, great pans that are plenty sharp. I like what you've done in post production for 2 and 3.

great use of the selective colour... must admit that alot of the pictures like that, that get posted dont work for me.

these however look great :D

All are great shots. 3 is definitely my favourite - it is one of the best examples of how selective colouring can be used to add to an image, not be the subject of an image.

Awesome shots! I'm trying to get an DSLR before Lemans! I like 1 and 3 the best... whos driving the Aston? I'm a big motorsport fan myself...

It's not an Aston, it's the new Jaguar (XKR I think) But I must admit the styling looks very similar. Im not sure who's driving they wern't racing, it was a few custom laps by the Jaguar drifting team, pretty amazing drifts though.

It's not an Aston, it's the new Jaguar (XKR I think) But I must admit the styling looks very similar. Im not sure who's driving they wern't racing, it was a few custom laps by the Jaguar drifting team, pretty amazing drifts though.

yeah sorry, i caught that after I posted it... the huge jag emblem on the side should of been a dead giveaway... :roll:

Yes I agree all excellent images :) great work especially just with the 50. Just goes to show what can be achieved with this.

Sharp images, love the post procesing too. Would you mind elaborating on the post processing you did (#2 and #3 in particular)?

Damn these are some impressive shots. Great pans. The selective colouring is superb.
I would love to see an A1 race, went to Silverstone for the F1 2 years ago and that was awesome.

Sharp images, love the post procesing too. Would you mind elaborating on the post processing you did (#2 and #3 in particular)?

I opened the RAW file in Photoshop and basically adjusted the curves to provide stronger contrast, upped the contrast to 100 after that with the slider. Increased the vibrance and saturation. And selectively decreased the green and blue saturation. I also added some lense vignetting.

#3 is more or less the same process but I didnt add any vibrance or saturation, I just selectively took the other colours away apart from red and blue which stayed at 0. I also cloned out an advertisement above the A1 car that was a distraction.

It's just pretty much the basic stuff that I did, I think it helped that the cars were sharp before proccessing.

Damn these are some impressive shots. Great pans. The selective colouring is superb.
I would love to see an A1 race, went to Silverstone for the F1 2 years ago and that was awesome.

This was my first ever race, and it was superb. Made a rather naive decision of not using any ear plugs though, that was a mistake I wont make again, jeez.

I'm going to see an F1 masters race on the 27th May at Brands Hatch, looking forward to it.

Thanks a bunch for elaborating on your post processing :thumbup:

Maybe you could do a tutorial showing what you did to number 3. I'd love to give it a go.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back