A57 wide angle for interior Architecture

MetroRuss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello.
I am wondering if any of you alpha fans take real estate photos?

My silent partner (wife) wants me to strongly consider a used lens.

Most of the properties I foresee shooting are condos and under 5000sqft houses.

Any suggestions for something around $400

How on earth did you convince your wife to be your silent partner?

Sorry, I can't recommend a Sony/Minolta lens for you, but I agree with the boss; you should look for a used lens. Lenses can hold up for a long time, barring mishandling.

Just make absolutely sure you can buy on condition you find it acceptable and when you get the lens shoot a bunch of test shots at all f stops. I went through 2 new sigma 10-20mm lenses which had terrible distortion before finally accepting one.

Dont go cheap for business purposes. If this is for business it should pay for itself.

Hi all,.

Thanks for all the fantastic advice. It looks like Im researching tokina 11-16. Sigma 10-20 f3.5 and tamron 10-24.

I do 360 panos with a samyang 8mm fisheye as well.

I hope I can earn enough to upgrade to a full frame........lol dreading it but it will be better equipment hehe.

Thanks again everyone!!!!

Have a great weekend.

I have theTamron and really enjoy it. However I need a 2 upgrade to faster glass and have seen some good reviews for the Tonika 10-16mm. Just need to research on prices for myself.

Sorry, I can't recommend a Sony/Minolta lens for you, but I agree with the boss; you should look for a used lens. Lenses can hold up for a long time, barring mishandling.

Lol silent partner I wish hehe.
I can't determine what would be the best lense in regards to quality and meet my criterias but I have always agreed with you get what you pay for so I am going to set up a meeting with my partner to negotiate the budget lol.

Ty for your advice.

Thanks for the link!!

I think I like the tokina 11-16

Real Estate photography in my area of eastern Canada is done with medium format digital and virtual reality tour software.

Lol silent partner I wish hehe.
I can't determine what would be the best lense in regards to quality and meet my criterias but I have always agreed with you get what you pay for so I am going to set up a meeting with my partner to negotiate the budget lol.

Ty for your advice.

For another $200 you can buy brand new on a sigma 10-20 f3.5. You can get the sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 for about $475. The 10-20 f4-5.6 would be fine for what you are needing since it would mostly be tripod work anyway so you would not really need the f3.5.

Hi guys thanks for the replies. Much appreciated. I think am going to save up and buy a new tokina or good used one that I can try before I buy. Have great weekend.

Most reactions

Back