a6000 vs a77?

ConradM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've never really paid attention to mirrorless before. Are there any huge disadvantages when comparing to the a77? Do they (a6000 and a77) share the same sensor?

Well the quality is about the same on either. One disadvantage for the a6000 is that your current lenses would not fit it withou an adaptor.

Yeah I considered that. So, are enthusiast level DSLR's being phased out?

Yeah I considered that. So, are enthusiast level DSLR's being phased out?

Its kind of looking that way. The new a7 has a styling more like the Nex.

I switched to mirror less a year ago and I would never look back! For a while I thought my camera wouldn't work with my studio strobes and I was cringing at the thought of a heavy DSLR.

The disadvantages that I see are slower autofocus and lack of native lens selection. For me, worth the switch to a compact system that I never regret taking with me.

I switched to mirror less a year ago and I would never look back! For a while I thought my camera wouldn't work with my studio strobes and I was cringing at the thought of a heavy DSLR.

The disadvantages that I see are slower autofocus and lack of native lens selection. For me, worth the switch to a compact system that I never regret taking with me.
That's the thing, the a6000 is boasting the fastest AF. Like, ever.

That's the thing, the a6000 is boasting the fastest AF. Like, ever.
What?! Okay- I honestly haven't looked up that one specifically I'm headed to google now.

Edit: this confirms my need to wait for version 2 of the a7! I can't wait to see what that brings! I've been ogling the a7 since before it came out, but I know mkII will be soo much better! I was hoping for faster AF and better low light (maybe to match the 5dmkIII) I'm seriously in love with sony after my NEX7 and I can't wait to see what the year brings!

Yeah check out the tracking, it's insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is insane. Can't wait to see if this technology comes to the new A mount bodies rumored.

That is insane. Can't wait to see if this technology comes to the new A mount bodies rumored.

I did some more googling last night and it's almost a sure thing the a77 successor will. It'll also be mirrorless. So that's why it seems like the a6000 dumps all over the a77.

Most reactions

Back