A77 ah ha

BGeise

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i am still trying get used to my A77 but i still feel like i am not getting the full use out of a lot of the features the camera has to offer. Wondering if anyone has had any "ah-ha" moments of things they have learned how to use or things they have discovered.

Lots ! Lol !

-Focus Peaking
-Setting the exposure preview so that it only works when you push the preview button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need more details lol

I had kind of an ah ha moment when I started using the picture effects and realized how much I like shooting in high contrast mono.

I had kind of an ah ha moment when I started using the picture effects and realized how much I like shooting in high contrast mono.

Yeah i have found that one and i agree that it is quite fun

I shoot largely in manual, and love the ability to assign shutter speed to the front wheel and aperture to the rear wheel.

I shoot largely in manual, and love the ability to assign shutter speed to the front wheel and aperture to the rear wheel.

I love that too. Was using my a33 after I got my 77 and was confused when I went to adjust aperture.

I agree i even like the fact that my vertical grip has the same controls

I ouwld have to say the focus peaking was the best ah ha moment for me.... that and learning how to use the focus mode knob on the fly..... I love my A77 just wish it was better with ISO....

I ouwld have to say the focus peaking was the best ah ha moment for me.... that and learning how to use the focus mode knob on the fly..... I love my A77 just wish it was better with ISO....

How do you use that? I am interested

How do you use that? I am interested

I shoot a lot of birds in flight, so I keep the knob on S or single focus. In that mode it locks in and holds when the shutter button is pressed half way. Then when I need to I rotate the knob to C which is continuous so when I catch something moving like a flying bird it tracks and continues to focus as I shoot. The lens being used has a big effect on the ability of the camera to keep up. My Tamron 70-200 doesnt have the best of focusing so mine tends to be a little slow. But being able to switch between the 2 can help tremendously when shooting birds of wild life in general.

I shoot a lot of birds in flight, so I keep the knob on S or single focus. In that mode it locks in and holds when the shutter button is pressed half way. Then when I need to I rotate the knob to C which is continuous so when I catch something moving like a flying bird it tracks and continues to focus as I shoot. The lens being used has a big effect on the ability of the camera to keep up. My Tamron 70-200 doesnt have the best of focusing so mine tends to be a little slow. But being able to switch between the 2 can help tremendously when shooting birds of wild life in general.

Great tip thanks i will sure use that

Manually adjusting the focus was a big step for tack sharp images...

Manually adjusting the focus was a big step for tack sharp images...

I've almost never had a problem with sharpness using AF. I'm still impressed by that...

Yesterday was shooting my 10 year old skating and realized I could orient my screen out to shoot low in portrait mode... lol.

Most reactions

Back