A77 II announced ~

High FPS buffer, 79 af points, Faster AF and better high ISO performance. Seems like a winner.

I wonder what the price will start at

Is there anything that comes close to a 60 frame jpeg buffer? That's massive...

I think the 7d will do 70+ jpegs. It's usually only in raw where the buffer really shows it's muscles

7D: 25 raw, 130 JPEG, IF it has v2.0 firmware upgrade. I've never actually managed to get to that point, however.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/7/3225153/canon-7d-firmware-update-2-0-release

This thing looks promising. This would be a perfect upgrade for my wife, actually. Good high ISO (I consider 6400 high enough) performance would be key-her a55 isn't the best, but it's a far cry from what it replaced.

7D is only like 8 fps though right?

AF speed test... this is kind of mind blowing. It's in german so skip to 5:00.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah looks like I am going to be consolidating some of my gear.... I now have to add the A77M2 with the Tamron 150-600 Ill be buying..... Ebay is going to be selling some gear I dont use now....lol

I'm going to hold off on the purchase of the new A77 M2 but still anxiously awaiting the new Tamron 150-600. The higher buffer would be nice but honestly I've never had a problem with the focusing speed on any of my 4 Sony bodies. In my opinion if you are having problems with focusing on any Sony body you just need to work on your technique or invest in better glass. Grabbed this shot this morning with my trusty Tamron 200-500mm mounted on my old A560.
DSC00029.JPG

Same lens mounted on my A77 here.
DSC00029.JPG

National Geographic won't be knocking down my door anytime soon but I'm pretty happy with what I own now. The extra 100mm on the new Tamron will come in handy though.

Attachments

• $DSC00029.JPG
    $DSC00029.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 166
Wow those are great...

7D is only like 8 fps though right?

That's right. Slow is relative-what I had before was 3.5.... :er:

Holy crap that thing focuses fast. That is unbelievable... MIGHT be able to get my toddler. :lol:

I see that Sony decided to get rid of the gps which imo was useless and put in wifi

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back