Aaaahhhh!!! Camera Stolen.

selmerdave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Somebody decided to break into my car last night and steal my beloved Pentax K2 along with some other things out of the trunk. I got about 3 months out of the total refurbish job I had done to the tune of a couple hundred. Inside the camera was the film I used to take pictures at the studio session for my first album, the pictures were supposed to go inside the jacket. I had about 3 photos to go to finish the roll and then I would have taken the film out for developing. Damn life sucks sometimes. Luckily I had only one lens with it, but it's still a drag to lose the 50mm. I think I'm more pissed about the film although I loved that camera. I will likely replace it with the same, if not a KX. Might be a little while before I have the funds to replace it though. In case I'm extraordinarily lucky I'm keeping an eye on eBay an Craigslist.

I'm sure many here have had it (much) worse, but at the moment it sucks.

Dave

That sucks man. It's really aggrivating when people sink that low.

I think you can send eBay the serial number for the camera if you have it and they can do the screening for you or call your local pawn shops. You may even be able to describe it to the pawn shop owners and they can give you a heads up if they get anything.

Terrible - petty theft. :x I agree there are worse things that can happen, but nothing feels worse right when you're living it. :thumbdown: You have my sympathy! :)

montresor said:
Sorry to hear! What a perfectly awful thing to have happen. See iLens' post. Better to lug than lose.

Sometimes ya can't help it, I was acutally MTN biking at a state park so I had just thrown my bag in the car. The theives actually broke in to steal my car radio and I think they just grabbed my backpack while they where in there. What a surprise for them when they opened that up!

Thanks for the comments everybody. Yeah, I very rarely leave anything in my car, on this occaision I had a lot to carry going to a gig and thought I'd be better off leaving it in the trunk. I had put it in before going there so no one saw me put it in, but it appears my keylock that locks the car failed so when I thought the car was locked it wasn't, and apparently somebody thought they'd have a look inside the trunk.

Obviously I never do that again.

Dave

Dave:

Maybe - just maybe - you'll get lucky.

Decades ago and I do mean decades ago, I briefly worked at the camera dept. at K. Mart - before obtaining a position with Peoria Camera Shop in Peoria, IL.

While I was behind the counter at K-Mart, a young man walked up and wanted to sell a nice Leica M-3, a number of lenses, and a nice leather camera bag for about $25.00 to $50.00.

Since I was a customer of Peoria Camera Shop before I was a teenager and knew that they sold Leicas, I called the owner and asked him as to whether any of his customers were missing some Leica equipment.

When informed that one of the shop's customer's had his house broken into and that among the things stolen was his Leica M-3, etc., I told the owner of the camera store that one of the employees of the store was wondering around with the stolen camera equipment.

Luckily, the Leica equipment was returned to the owner and I suspect that the "career" of the K-Mart employee was diverted for a number of years.

My best wishes in recovering your lovely camera. It's difficult/heartbreaking to loose such a treasure!!!!

FYI I had a Pentax K-2 for some time, but recently gave it along with my many Pentax lenses to my daughter and her husband. Excellent camera and lenses!

One final thought - if you can remember what kind of shots you took, perhaps, you might call around the various film processing labs in your neck of the woods and, hopefully, locate the camera in a backwards fashion.

All of this reminds me to write down all the model and serial numbers to our cameras and lenses.

Again, my best wishes in recovering your camera.

Bill

Most reactions

New Topics

Back