AAAHHH!!! SO EXCITED!!!!

MyaLover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All my hard work and experiments have paid off and someone has asked me to do some nude/semi nude photographs. My question is how much should I charge???

congratulations :)

however, you double posted, right? ;)

I am afraid I cannot help regarding what you should charge.

I personally would not charge too much for my first "commercial" shoot because many things could still go wrong. But then again, you yourself probably know best how professionally you will be able to interact with the customer :)

Also, what you can charge certainly depends on the country and city you are in.

Well this isnt my first shoot. I have done a few before. Probably about 6 or 7. I live in Michigan and there isnt anything like this around here. Anyone have a range??

I think it was digital Matt who posted this link earlier:
http://photographersindex.com/price-adv-calc.htm

It's for advertising photography. Personally, I think it's too pricey for where I am.

If you want a way to figure out what to charge: consider dividing it into sections. ie: a studio session + post processing + prints.

I guess, you could charge any where from $50 - $300 for a session and then that again for processing and prints extra.

hehehe... doesn't really help ya much does it! sorry.

oh and I've learnt the hard way... try not to discount your price.

If you have a quality product and are confident in it, then keep your price as high as you can. If you discount one person, they will... trust me THEY WILL tell people your prices and it'll be very hard for you to increase your prices again.

I live in the metro Detroit area and around here the prices for that type of shoot would be in the $150-$300 session fee range plus prints. Prints range from $20-200 for a 8x10 in this market. Prices are all over the place here, a lot depends on your "reputation". There will always be people that charge more and people that charge less you just need to be sure to charge what your worth.
Prices range BIG TIME depending where in Michigan you are.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back