aaarrggghhh-weddign vent

omg this thread is shameful, you call yourself a professional Candance? Your actions and comments toward your client is nothing more than pure childish. For whatever reason you have no right to bash where someone lives, maybe they have money problems, but of course if they were like you they could sell stuff all over the internet and not send the product just take the peoples money. Or of course they could post other peoples photography work as their own on the internet to try to help their biz like you did. So consider you actions in the past before bashing someone else.

Sounds like a complete nightmare!
I have done a few weddings in the past but no more. Not because of anything horrible happening, I just don't like doing them. I don't like having friends and family assume I'll do it for free or cheap.
Anyway, can you tell us what you learned from this experience and what you would do in the future so that it doesn't happen again? What can you add to a contract to protect yourself against this king of thing?

I have learned that if they can't afford the photographer's actual prices not to offer your services at a discount. I offered a cd with all images for a really great price. Last time I will do that. Thank goodness my contract covered EVERYTHING. It is what saved me. Make sure it includes a section that states NOTHING is guaranteed. I try my best but I can not guarantee to get you smiling in every image. All in all the images turned out well. Alot of people were very happy with them. I have since done 3 weddings and they have all turned out perfect. Brides loved them!

Like you said, it isn't your fault that she wasn't smiling. I mean geez you weren't the one who picked the guy, so how could you make her smile the whole time?! And if she didn't like what she looked like in the pictures, well give her a mask to wear next time.
And heck at least things worked out for you, it could have been so much worse!

Tell her they've already been deleted. No way to retrieve them.

Most reactions

Back