Abandoned Barn

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought I'd drop a photo by for critique (i can always use some good tips!!)

here's one i shot a while ago, but never edited and posted and just decided to:

barnpanorama-small-lq.jpg

I might post a critique up later that has something to do with this shot. yes, that i might (thank yooouuu star wars.)

I love the lighting in this photo! The contrast of the luminous gold flowers with the dark bleak forest is splendid. I absolutely love how the low key lighting paints portions of this scene really drawing me into this image. I tried to come up with something I might do differently, but I found none. It truly is one of my favorite shots that I've seen here!

voted 5!

This is an extraordinary capture. First of all, I like how it's almost a panoramic shot - did you crop it some? If so, leave it as it is. It sucks you right into the scene from the word go, no messing.

Also, the colours are exquisite. From the yellows in the foreground drawing you in, to the warmth of the greens and the reds/browns on the barn.

The whole shot feels very "fairy's in the glen" - almost magical. Great work. I personally can't see anything that needs doing to it.

This is my fav of anything you've posted!!! I wouldn't change a thing :)

extraordinary shot! the flowers (marigolds?) or whatever they are are so brilliant compared to the rest of the photo, it looks photoshopped in or at least burned & dodged.

Daring, tight panoramic crop is perfect for this well seen, wonderfully saturated and moody shot. (Now THAT was concise...).

Great job.

Tuna

Magical shot. I tried cropping out that little building to the right of the tree, and found that it worked even better to balance the photo. Really only nit pick stuff while I was looking at it in a critical sense.

I love your photo.

Most reactions

Back