Abandoned Buildings

I like 1 + 3

2 doesn't really catch my interest -- you can't tell the buildings are abandoned, they look quite ordinary.

#4 I think is the best...

#1. Though I think #1 is cool, I don't connect to it emotionally cause it looks too far removed from reality. Also, the white line at the top is distracting.

#2. I think this one works better in a series than it does on it's own. The picture didn't strike me as interesting until after I saw #3 and #4.

#3. I like the blue cast in the corridor relative to the warm light coming in through the window. But the shadows of the windows create a lot of separation between the creepy interior and the viewer. I feel safe knowing I'm on the outside looking in.

#4. I really like this one. I wish it was more in focus instead of having a fuzzy zoomed in feel. The door knob and the light switch height indicate a low vantage point for the viewer. Not sure if that's intentional, but something to think about.

Amazing shots!!! I <3 #1, but something about it looks a little off to me, maybe slightly tilted? But great shots :)

I think it's the ground - the paved circle isn't even and makes it look lopsided :(

ywpoles said:
ok all the words i want to say is good photo.

Thank you :)

scorpion_tyr said:
The first and fourth shots are really good. I especially like the effects in no. 1. The other two don't interest me for some reason. The last one is creepy, yet intriguing.

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Mesoam said:
there is a place very similar to this in Connecticut (Fairfield Hills)
dig the first shot

Vautrin said:
I like 1 + 3
2 doesn't really catch my interest -- you can't tell the buildings are abandoned, they look quite ordinary.
#4 I think is the best...

Thank you Vautrin. Yes in retrospect #2 does seem like a plain old building. :)

SwissJ said:
#1. Though I think #1 is cool, I don't connect to it emotionally cause it looks too far removed from reality. Also, the white line at the top is distracting.

#2. I think this one works better in a series than it does on it's own. The picture didn't strike me as interesting until after I saw #3 and #4.

#3. I like the blue cast in the corridor relative to the warm light coming in through the window. But the shadows of the windows create a lot of separation between the creepy interior and the viewer. I feel safe knowing I'm on the outside looking in.

#4. I really like this one. I wish it was more in focus instead of having a fuzzy zoomed in feel. The door knob and the light switch height indicate a low vantage point for the viewer. Not sure if that's intentional, but something to think about.

#1 yes I don't know what that white line is. It doesn't show up in the full size image, but when shrunk down it's there. No idea why - maybe its a ghost line!

#2 I think you are right.

#3 hmm I liked the window lines and that piece of debris because they lead viewers into the hallway. I see your point tho. Something to think about.

#4 I'm not sure what you mean about the light switch?

Thank you for the comments and critiques :) :)

Wow I just keep looking back to #1 and 4

May I ask what kind of PP did you do other than stitching the panorama together. I love the look of the sky.

Wow, very interesting shots. I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from going inside.

#4 is my favorite.

Wow I just keep looking back to #1 and 4

May I ask what kind of PP did you do other than stitching the panorama together. I love the look of the sky.

Thanks for the kind words :) As for the PP - good questions! lol I did so much, levels, curves, god knows what else. I just kept doing stuff until I liked the way it looked lol.

jeff000 said:
Wow, very interesting shots. I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from going inside.
#4 is my favorite.

It was very tempting, but the thought of a night in jail was enough for me. :)

Shaneuk said:
First one is phenomenal.

awesome shots! Number one is flawless. The exposure, the movement in the "dark" clouds, the way its framed and kinda curved or something, it just looks awesome. I like how number four gives you that eerie feeling.

Great job!

awesome shots! Number one is flawless. The exposure, the movement in the "dark" clouds, the way its framed and kinda curved or something, it just looks awesome. I like how number four gives you that eerie feeling.

Great job!

Thank you DBJ :)

Too bad you didn't get in. The place is massive, and you could easily spend days exploring the many buildings, all connected by underground tunnels. Once inside, you are pretty safe from security. Shoot MOAR!

I would love to go in, but as I said, the thought of a night in jail is enough to keep me away. I wouldn't do well in jail.

&#1090;&#1085;&#275; E&#1080;D;1895663 said:
like the first one! so cool and .. words limited, sorry

Most reactions

Back