Abandoned country store

Hokiehall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Found this out on the back roads. Had a cloudy day hence the lousy sky. Gas price on the old pump was .399

countrystoreS03-1661-1.jpg

You should return to the spot on a day with better light. Keep this in mind and go back - and try to exclude any car or building in the background then...

Definitely worth a second trip. I specifically like the colors and suggest that you do not 'gee whiz' them up. The image is quite striking with the somewhat muted colors adding to the general 'mood.'

Crop the right side a bit and see if you can't move that trailer out of the way and you've got a homerun! I like that day's sky.

Crop the right side a bit and see if you can't move that trailer out of the way and you've got a homerun! I like that day's sky.

I'd love to see a close up of the gas pump. Maybe with a blurred view of the building in the back.

This had been taken several years ago and I found it while going through everything I had done over eternity. After reading the comments here, I thought it would be interesting to head back out to this place and see how it has held up over the past 3 or 4 years. As luck would have it, the place had been torn down and someone had built a nice house on the property.

you gave life to it

I wonder if the person who purchased the home realises that there was a gas station there prior... you might make a fortune keeping that picture until they decide to sell it and blackmail them. Just a thought.

Seriously, I like the shot. The only thing I may have done differently would be to have dropped down lower to the ground and tried a different angle. Still you know no one is going to be able to get that shot either way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back