Abandoned House

Chris Stegner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bluegrassphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've spent a while on here today. Slow at work! Thought instead of me messing with other people's shots all day I'd set myself up for some humility of my own. Not that I always post negatively!

I love abandoned houses, churches, etc. Here's one I shot a couple of weeks ago. I'd love some feedback.

Here's the entire gallery if you're interested in looking:
Chris Stegner - BluegrassPhotography.Net | Dr. Francis Burgess Abandonded House

p716996251-4.jpg

p934584520-4.jpg

p637952989-4.jpg

p600250512-4.jpg

I really like that house! I would have loved to live there.
Do you have any history or information on it? I am very intrigued!

The photos are outstanding, I love the colors and shadows in #1.

What did you take #3 with?

Hmm pretty cool shots. I think I like 2 & 3 the best because of the mood and feel of them. Really don't have much in the way of critique. I am curious how wide a lens you shot 3 with

awesome shots here. 2 and 3 are panos im assuming? really nice :thumbup:

I really like that house! I would have loved to live there.
Do you have any history or information on it? I am very intrigued!

The photos are outstanding, I love the colors and shadows in #1.

What did you take #3 with?

Thanks for the comments! I appreciate it. I have a link on my blog story concerning the house: BluegrassPhotography.Net » Blog Archive » Dr. Francis Burgess Abandoned House

As far as the third shot... It's a panoramic stitched from 12 images with my 16-35. Shooting 12 images for that particular pano was overkill, but I shot them by hand so I always overshoot when shooting by hand. Usually I would use my panohead on the tripod... but didn't fell like getting it all setup!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the comments! It's nice to hear some good stuff from you guys here. My wife is always on me to try and sell my photography, but to me it's more about people enjoying it! It's nice to know you've captured something that people enjoy looking at.

As for the 2 panoramics, I shot them with my 16-35. And stitched with PTgui (love that application!) Photo stitching software 360 degree Panorama image software - PTGui

wow, i would use this place to shoot a model or something.

especialy in number 4!

I like shot #1. The colors are outstanding. The house looks eerie, but I like that. Great work.

#2 is amazing! I find myself drawn to skewed pattern in the floor.

I like 2 the best. I think it could benefit from desaturation and some dodging and burning to add some drama/creepy element to the shot..

I like 2 and 4. For some reason I am drawn to 4 more though. That green door is creepy. It feels like there's something very dark on the other side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back