Abandoned Places

This place also seems abandoned to me, else I would not know why the "green flames" are licking the walls from out of the windows (and those little birches growing through the windows have always looked like green flames to me):

gebudeingrnenflammen.jpg

What kind of plant is/was it? Or is it a hospital? Looks like a plant and port from what I see.

I got up and got some shots of the hospital this weekend, could not get inside tho, two police cars out front directing traffic around the building made that out of the question.

@Battou: So, how did access look? Heavy security hanging around? PM if you want..

@Sara:
Nice finds! The B/W is really good for that site. Old house?

@Battou: So, how did access look? Heavy security hanging around? PM if you want..

@Sara:

Access should be easy, just have to hope no one finds the vandilized door before I can get some time off. As for security, this weekend was no teltale sign. It was all screwed up as they where tied up with the powwow this weekend along with the hazmat spill on seventeen that was directly responsable for the heavy traffic around the building this weekend so I can't be certain the conditions will be the normal next weekend, let alone what normal actually is.

Access should be easy, just have to hope no one finds the vandilized door before I can get some time off. As for security, this weekend was no teltale sign. It was all screwed up as they where tied up with the powwow this weekend along with the hazmat spill on seventeen that was directly responsable for the heavy traffic around the building this weekend so I can't be certain the conditions will be the normal next weekend, let alone what normal actually is.

That's sounds good, can still practice the ninja skills, though. lol. I'll prob. head down there next weekend, and also check out the hospital. If anything goes sour, I'll pm you with any heads up I get. I plan on getting in that hospital especially before they turn it into office space or some crap; like they did with Hudson Asylum.

thanks! yeah, I thought b/w really suited it.
it's an old outbuilding/barn thingy. I guess it could be a house, I dunno. haha

Sorry if this is a bit late, I've been offline for a few days :( But back up and getting my film developed today so there should be some cool stuff to post, I hope. lol.

What's left of the local Casket factory founded in 1878, biggest in this town, now nothing much left. The owner (like in my previous posts of this site), paid his grandson to burn down the old plant for insurance. Now instead of that, they are enjoying 25 to life in a state pen. Woot! Don't pick up the soap, fellas. Needless to say, most of us NYers are pissed about this incident. Here's what I found one year after the fire:

FH000005.jpg

2. Only connected to a wall:
FH000007.jpg

FH000015.jpg

4. Old poster of some sort:
FH000019.jpg

Fascinating thread, I love these abandoned/urban exploration photos! Wish I could do more of it, but there doesn't seem to be many places round me I could visit and photograph.

However, I do work at an old psychiatric hospital, which at one stage did house a dozen or so wards, there's now only four and they're moving to a new build sometime next year. Despite the fact the building's still in use it does look kind of 'abandoned' in places, almost as if it's a managed decline. I'll have to try to get some pics!

Here's a couple I took a couple of years ago of an abandoned restaurant called the 'Sozzled Sausage', it has been out of use for at least a decade, if not more. It's currently in the process of being demolished to make way for an expanded Tescos (there's one next to it already but they're making it into a Tesco 'extra'):

1:
1474755sm5.jpg

2:
1474753ql2.jpg

3 - Those small plants you see growing out of the wall are now much bigger, I'll have to see if I can get a pic of them now before it's demolished:
1474752vz2.jpg

@Dwain:
The picture on the side is hilarious, so is the name! lol. I don't think your chances of getting inside are that great. :(

@Batt:
Hah...now you know what this means, bro! Gonna have to hit that real quick. I think I remember where it is, I've driven past it before. Just pm with some info., and maybe we'll go hit sometime.

Anyways, the old Oneida High School is now under very serious security. I mean, damn...I've seen state cops sitting in the lot. Now surrounded with barbed topped, chainlink fence and cameras, was difficult enough to even get near. I was chased of there once by a county cop, wouldn't even let me get a single exterior shot. All they are doing is planning it's demolish soon, so I dunno. Just uptight owners, I suppose. State sold it to some Italians about 5 or 6 years ago. Anyays, I'm going out tommorow, so I'll have some to post. Peace!

@Dwain:
The picture on the side is hilarious, so is the name! lol. I don't think your chances of getting inside are that great. :(

@Batt:
Hah...now you know what this means, bro! Gonna have to hit that real quick. I think I remember where it is, I've driven past it before. Just pm with some info., and maybe we'll go hit sometime.

Anyways, the old Oneida High School is now under very serious security. I mean, damn...I've seen state cops sitting in the lot. Now surrounded with barbed topped, chainlink fence and cameras, was difficult enough to even get near. I was chased of there once by a county cop, wouldn't even let me get a single exterior shot. All they are doing is planning it's demolish soon, so I dunno. Just uptight owners, I suppose. State sold it to some Italians about 5 or 6 years ago. Anyays, I'm going out tommorow, so I'll have some to post. Peace!

When I was there that day, there was a door that was freshly busted out, I would have gone in but the door was visible from the road...and visable from the door with the assistance of a 400mm lens was this

460466_019_2_2.jpg

but they where there due to a haz Mat spill on I 86, Not security. That is full frame and uncropped

Most reactions

Back