Abandoned Places

Damn, nice Chiller. #2 is killer, love the light in that.

Thanks man. I know you would dig this place. It is a photograhers paradise.

Looks like it is. All the different angles, light, shadows and textures, love to visit that place. I've got a couple places I may visit today, depending on the "people" activity around.

Found this house north of the city while out on delivery. Will definatly get back to this place. Could not shoot it like I wanted as I did not have my tripod with me. :er:

336972658_pFzdd-L.jpg

336211017_SkbRt-L.jpg

336211058_jMSTg-L.jpg

336980867_tmY2b-L.jpg

336212136_BFp7X-L.jpg

I had posted these images in another thread before but thought it would fit here.​

:lol: Slight bug issue I suppose?? lol. Love the b/w, and the angles on the cabinets, Chiller. Nice composition, and the site looks more interesting than most abandoned houses. It appears the owner, or a family member had a wheel chair, looking at the rubber ramp. Good shots :thumbup:

Thanks man. I love this place, but unfortunatly, I did not have the time to explore much more. Upstairs is very dark, and walking aboot, I had to set off the flash, to make sure there were no holes in the floor. Found some really cool things in the photos that I just snapped with the flash. Seemed like a band used to jam there too. Lots of drum heads and broken drum stands littered the one room. I could not find a door to a basement tho, so I gotta get back.

Down by the Port Of Milwaukee, there's some train yards and an old abandoned out building. One of my friends and I spent Sunday afternoon/evening down there taking pics.

As always, input is always welcome!

1:
DSC_2176 Small.jpg

2:
DSC_2188 Small.jpg

3:
DSC_2220 Small.jpg

I returned to the former 'Sozzled Sausage' restaurant today and took some quick pics as I had some shopping to do. I've put them in a thread HERE but here's one:

dscn1411oi0.jpg

@pugs - I like that last of your photos, some interesting textures there!

Thanks Dwain! Though I really like number 7 in your other thread from a strictly compositional point of view, this one has perhaps the best exposure and the contrasting colors with that huge curve in the middle of otherwise straight horizontal and vertical lines is really cool!

Ah, one of my favorite things to shoot. I had a hard time picking favorites to post. :)

1. Curtis cotton gin at Scopena Plantation
curtisgin05nind9.png

2. One of my favorite places (just demo'd a few months ago :(), a former car dealership that was later used by two local Mardi Gras krewes as a float den. I distinctly remember Claude (the crawfish) from parades when I was a kid.
hannaford01xx5.png

3. Unfortunately, Claude lost a leg, which they placed at the opposite end of the building from the rest of him.
hannaford08ow5.png

4. Farmhouse
katesgrandmothers16ve7.png

5. Lewis Furniture, built sometime in the late 1800s, closed in the 1980s or '90s, I think?
lewis08ay3.png

6. View of the Municipal Auditorium from the top floor of Lewis
lewis14wo7.png

Wow! 1, 4, and 5... WOW!

2, 3, and 6 ain't so bad, neither!

@Charlsie: OMG, those are awesome. The chair is prob. my fave. The light and depth are sweet.

@Chiller: Sweet, once you find a Gibson Standard, lemme know! :lol: I'll make it look like Zakk Wylde's. But yah, the rest should be interesting, the basement's gotta have god knows what in it.

@Dwain: Haha, you got in! Place looks pretty chaved. Cool looking place, no doubt. :D

Ugh, I can't remember if I posted this site yet...

Some of an Italianate with a mystery behind it, very secret and I won't say quite yet. It is a sensitive subject, so I'll hold off on the story behind it. I will say that it was build around the 1880's (early), and started off as an actual home, then was left abandoned for approx. 30 years until the Indian Nation took it and the surrounding land...for that is where the story begins. Anyways, I asked and got permission to get inside; because the Indian Nation here do not play fair to anyone who messes with them. Most of them turned out grainy for some reason....rarely happens but must of been the high amount of moisture and mold I didn't count for. I did have my usual respirator on, however. Lots of dust, mold, moisture and asbestos.

1. Interiors:
365038-R1-00-24A.jpg

2. Don't slam da door!
365049-R1-23-1A.jpg

365049-R1-22-2A.jpg

4. In the bedroom where a young girl lived.
365049-R1-21-3A.jpg

5. I saw this and my jaw just f**kin dropped. In pristine condition, has a record tray with a record still on it, dials still operate, and the silk cord is still intact. All I could think was "how can I fit this in my trunk?"
365049-R1-17-7A.jpg

365049-R1-14-10A.jpg

7. Okay, okay...I know. This is the last one for now. lol. I HAD to post this photo. A wedding invitation from 1925 if I remember right. Check this out:
365049-R1-04-20A.jpg

I'll put up exteriors later...don't want to be a thread hog.

Wow, this theme is coming along. Some amazing places here. :hail:

Pugs and brad, thanks. :)

A few more favorites

1. Small-town school
rodessa45nz4.png

2. Another school down the road from the first (seems not as many people have come upon this one)
pinevalley17rp7.png

3. Grain elevator
sfgrain09mn2.png

4. Old passenger train car out behind the grain elevator
sfgrain16hw4.png

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3725/pinevalley17rp7.png
5. Livestock auction house (redneck version of the mental ward hallway shot?)
auction01py6.png

6. Another shot of the auction house
auction02ge4.png

Most reactions

Back