ABC Reporter Arrested in Denver Taking Pictures of Senators, Big Donors

mallard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.uncensoredfreespeech.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DENVER--Police in Denver arrested an ABC News producer today as he and a camera crew were attempting to take pictures on a public sidewalk of Democratic Senators and VIP donors leaving a private meeting at the Brown Palace Hotel.

abc_arrest_denver_080827_mn.jpg

Police in Denver arrested an ABC News producer today as he and a camera crew were attempting to take pictures on a public sidewalk of Democratic Senators and VIP donors leaving a private meeting at the Brown's Palace Hotel.
(ABC News)
More Photos

Police on the scene refused to tell ABC lawyers the charges against the producer, Asa Eslocker, who works with the ABC News investigative unit.

A police official later told lawyers for ABC News that Eslocker is being charged with trespass, interference, and failure to follow a lawful order. He also said the arrest followed a signed complaint from the Brown Palace Hotel.

Eslocker was put in handcuffs and loaded in the back of a police van which headed for a nearby police station.

Source

Sad thing is even if it got on the TV news, most people wouldn't care. And we (US folks) think we live in the land of the "free".......

I think this will not end well for the Denver PD to tell the truth. I also dont think it is going to look good for the Democratic Party either.Supressing the press never works out for those who do it.

Wow,

As long as he wasnt blocking the entrance itself, ( I doubt a seasoned reporter would do such a thing) this smacks of nut-ness
I probably would have backed up a little and came back at another angle if the equipment I had was expensive, but then again its not MY equipment. ; but still he did nothing wrong, the officers order was not lawful. The hotel does not own the sidewalk, supreme court has ruled on this many times, even if they did OWN it somehow if it connects sidewalk on either side and looks like the other sidewalk, its considered public.

Either way, noone deserves a choking and being pushed into the street of oncoming traffic. Thats just coercion, unlawful arrest, and assault what a joke this police force is.

that fat overgrown bully-child of a man.

Whats happening to our constitution, Big money being in town changes the law I guess. What a worthless constitution we have afterall. IF noone is held accountable for crap like this, Sorry, I'm just pissed about it.

You also have the right to resist an unlawful arrest order. Although that seems impossible its the truth.

Apparently the reporter used his corporate card to post bail Thats both hillarious and cool at the same time.

Last edited:
Whats happening to our constitution,...

Its being sold to the highest bidder....

Apparently the reporter used his corporate card to post bail Thats both hillarious and cool at the same time.

Just imagine if it wasn't a reporter but just some amateur (like me).

Wow,

As long as he wasnt blocking the entrance itself, ( I doubt a seasoned reporter would do such a thing) this smacks of nut-ness
I probably would have backed up a little and came back at another angle if the equipment I had was expensive, but then again its not MY equipment. ; but still he did nothing wrong, the officers order was not lawful. The hotel does not own the sidewalk, supreme court has ruled on this many times, even if they did OWN it somehow if it connects sidewalk on either side and looks like the other sidewalk, its considered public.

Either way, noone deserves a choking and being pushed into the street of oncoming traffic. Thats just coercion, unlawful arrest, and assault what a joke this police force is.

that fat overgrown bully-child of a man.

Whats happening to our constitution, Big money being in town changes the law I guess. What a worthless constitution we have afterall. IF noone is held accountable for crap like this, Sorry, I'm just pissed about it.

You also have the right to resist an unlawful arrest order. Although that seems impossible its the truth.

I hadn't planned on it but I just had to jump into this one. You DO NOT have the right to resist an unlawful arrest order. This has long been upheld across this land in both state and federal courts including the Supreme Court of the United States. If you think that I am wrong, give it a try and see what happens.

The courts have long held that if you are wrongfully arrested there are other legal remedies for the situation. It is for the Court, not you, to decide if you were wrongfully arrested.

So please heed this warning. If a Law Enforcement Officer advises you that you are under arrest, comply immediately. If you feel you were wrongfully arrested, contact a lawyer. If you decide to resist that is an additional LAWFUL charge. If you resist by force and cause bodily harm you can be charged with assault or aggravated assault, depending on the circumstance. Even if it is later determined that original arrest was not warranted, any charge from the point of resisting is still a valid charge.

I hadn't planned on it but I just had to jump into this one. You DO NOT have the right to resist an unlawful arrest order. This has long been upheld across this land in both state and federal courts including the Supreme Court of the United States. If you think that I am wrong, give it a try and see what happens.

The courts have long held that if you are wrongfully arrested there are other legal remedies for the situation. It is for the Court, not you, to decide if you were wrongfully arrested.

So please heed this warning. If a Law Enforcement Officer advises you that you are under arrest, comply immediately. If you feel you were wrongfully arrested, contact a lawyer. If you decide to resist that is an additional LAWFUL charge. If you resist by force and cause bodily harm you can be charged with assault or aggravated assault, depending on the circumstance. Even if it is later determined that original arrest was not warranted, any charge from the point of resisting is still a valid charge.

Sorry your wrong, in many states this IS legal, but super rare are usually cops are not that stupid.

The law is the law there is a clause in there, and yes I did know what I am talking about. Read more before you tell someone they dont know. You just made yourself look really dumb.

Normally I agree with your idea, but in the case he is pushing me into the street of traffic I say NO I dont trust this guy with my life, at that point I make the descision for self defense. screw that crap.

I believe in extreme cases you can defend yourself from unreasonable excessive force. , the officer himself said later that the reporter was lucky he didnt knock the F** out of him. You could see that coming when he choked him. Sorry, I'm not risking my life with a crazy cop like that, Im getting away from that guy it could be life and death if hes pushing you into traffic.
granted the cop didnt arrest him while he was pushing him, but if backup was there he would have.

All im saying is the law is there in case your in real danger. very situation is different

I believe there is a lawful statute to resisting arrest if its self defense.
If there were no cameras around Ill bet you anything this guy could have been killed or maimed really badly.

---------------------------------------------
This is for example from Tenessee Law
---------------------------------------------

39-11-611. Self-defense.
(e) The threat or use of force against another is not justified to resist a halt at a roadblock, arrest, search, or stop and frisk that the person knows is being made by a law enforcement officer, unless:

(1) The law enforcement officer uses or attempts to use greater force than necessary to make the arrest, search, stop and frisk, or halt; and

(2) The person reasonably believes that the force is immediately necessary to protect against the law enforcement officer's use or attempted use of greater force than necessary.

HOWEVER,

39-16-602. Resisting stop, frisk, halt, arrest or search - Prevention or obstruction of service of legal writ or process.

(a) It is an offense for a person to intentionally prevent or obstruct anyone known to the person to be a law enforcement officer, or anyone acting in a law enforcement officer's presence and at such officer's direction, from effecting a stop, frisk, halt, arrest or search of any person, including the defendant, by using force against the law enforcement officer or another.

(b) Except as provided in § 39-11-611, it is no defense to prosecution under this section that the stop, frisk, halt, arrest or search was unlawful.

HOWEVER,

39-16-603. Evading arrest.

(2) It is a defense to prosecution under this subsection (a) that the attempted arrest was unlawful.
(b) (1) It is unlawful for any person, while operating a motor vehicle on any street, road, alley or highway in this state, to intentionally flee or attempt to elude any law enforcement officer, after having received any signal from such officer to bring the vehicle to a stop.

(2) It is a defense to prosecution under this subsection (b) that the attempted arrest was unlawful.

----------------------------------------

Last edited:
So uh, whats the point of forcing him into the street then later arresting him.

THORHAMMER said:
Whats happening to our constitution...

Its being sold to the highest bidder....

That's both technically and actually correct. Sad though it may be. We need more activists and whistle-blowers to combat it!

I hadn't planned on it but I just had to jump into this one. You DO NOT have the right to resist an unlawful arrest order.

You are correct. It's not your right to do so... IT'S YOUR DUTY AS A US CITIZEN!

Truth!

Most reactions

Back