Abisko fall colours (part I)

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So .. now we arrived at almost the last thread of my Lapland series. This time from Abisko in the far North of Swedish Lapland, close to the Norwegian border. By the time I arrived in Abisko around September 9, autumn had finally fully arrived.

1: Trees, water and mountains at a small lake near Torneträsk. This is where I also shot the northern light images.
5813.jpg

2: Lapporten, the gate to Lapland.
5859.jpg

3: At the Abisko river.
5884.jpg

4: similar spot, slightly different light.
5901.jpg

5: A detail in the woods ;)
5891.jpg

6: A birch tree in Abisko canyon.
5911.jpg

7: The river again.
5920.jpg

8: Again another birch tree (I have so many of them ;) )
5929.jpg

9: The photographer being confused ;)
5936.jpg

10: The river bed. In spring, when ice and snow melt, there is much more water of course. I also posted spring images of the same river last year.
5941.jpg

11: The river in long exposure.
5948.jpg

Another great series from your trip to Lapland. I did not comment on all of them but I think most of them were very good. All those pictures have simple but strong compositions. Just one small criticism: I find the effect of the polariser a bit strong in some pictures (like #1 and 6 in the above series) but I guess that is a matter of taste. Overall these pictures made me want to go there.

I want to DIVE into these photos! They are sooo beautiful!

I was thinking the same the moment I typed out my immediate thoughts ;) .

great series, I love ur last shot the long exposure is great.....

Thank you all!

Another great series from your trip to Lapland. I did not comment on all of them but I think most of them were very good. All those pictures have simple but strong compositions. Just one small criticism: I find the effect of the polariser a bit strong in some pictures (like #1 and 6 in the above series) but I guess that is a matter of taste. Overall these pictures made me want to go there.

I know also for me those images are at the edge, in particular since they are wide angle. I know I pushed it quite far here, and for some people it might be over the edge already. I also have Birch trees with less polariser effect, but did not post them.

Great shots...these are the type of shots that I really love and you did a great job with them. I personally love the WA + polarizer effect.

You will have to come out to Alberta, where we have a lot of similar landscape.

Hey, thanks! But Alberta is much further away! ;)

Wow! All fantastic images! I like 11, 9, and 2 best!

Sweet!

Most reactions

Back