? about slide film and night shots

mattvillano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
If I were to shoot an outdoor nighttime, long exposure shot ( of maybe a cityscape.) What would i have to do differently with exposure and what type of slide film should I use? I usually do this type of stuff using negative color film and have gotten some really nice results. I just wanted to find out what the differences would be in shooting and the final product. Also would the quality be better?

as far as i know you treat colour slide film the same as colour negative in terms of aperture, shutter speed etc.

50 iso, maybe lower would be good. when im shooting anything new or with uncertainty, i always take a few shots with different settings to make sure i get at least one good one. oh yeah, use a tripod! a lot of people (including myself in the past!) rest against walls and things but nothing beats a tri pod for a long exposure shot.

As with any new venture, I think it's best to take a roll of test shots first. Many color films have reciprocity failure at long exposures, causing certain colors to not reproduce accurately.

Shooting some tests will let you see how the film performs so you'll know if you need filters, etc to adjust the color reproduction.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back