About this forum...

Michael Humle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I think this is one of the best forums I have participated in yet, but I am curious about two things. My question to you is;

"What do YOU think this forum is about...and/or what do you think this forum should be about?"

This is a loaded question, and a lot of Members would be very interested in reading your answer.

You don't have to put a lot of thought in to this question in order to give a good answer. Actually, there are no good or bad answers. Just say what's on your mind!

OR:delete:

Uhm, I'd say this forum is about

1. giving people the chance to share their images with others and get feedback. In that way they can learn, and also those which already know a lot can improve their photography since they can read what impact their images have on others.

2. Helping those with questions, be it technical, or in whatever way.

3. Getting in contact with people from around the world who are into photography.

4. spamming for fun in off-topic ;)

and that is pretty much what it should be about anyway ;)

Well, I see this forum as a wonderful place to let other people (and even WORLDWIDE :shock: ) see some of the photos I take which otherwise my better half would see at best and no one else.

I see this as a very good place to learn more about aspects of photography that I have only heard of maybe once when I was little (and have since forgotten), though if I think of darkroom work I must admit I understand next to nothing of what I can read here.

In our attempts to always give constructive critisism, in friendly and helpful tones, I see this as a very good learners' forum, newcomers to the wonderful pasttime of photography can come here, show their work, and learn (provided they are willing to and are not totally full of themselves and above any kind of critique or even critisism with regards to their maybe still in the technically-flawed-snapshot stage).

What I see (with pleasure) is that this photography forum is no elite forum for pro photogs only, or for Camera X using photogs only, who would throw their eyes heavenward and snort at users of a different brand of camera or lenses or who would very clearly look down on the beginner.

What I enjoy very, very, VERY much about this forum is its internationality and the chance to get into touch (via the forum or even in REALITY :eyebrows:*) with so many different people worldwide - of ALL ages!

(* check out my sig for more and then quickly mark that month in your calendar (that you still don't have)).

To me this forum is about learning about photography, showing my own pics, learning how to critize other people's pics and handling being critized. Being humbled by all the talent here and being hopeful by seeing some of the less talented members.
And it's a nice place to talk to people all over the world (with the 'sharing a hobby' factor being a very random thing).

oh and it's about answering random questions...:wink:

pascal

Chase said:
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Bueller ... ??? :lol:

I mean I have only been here for maybe a week (although I lurked around a couple of days beforehand). But, one reason I joined so quickly is because I liked how active, passionate, and informative everyone appeared to be.
I seriously think this forum is about a multi-level talent of varying photographers who are here not only to give and recieve advice/ideas but who are here also for the comradery. And, that's what I think it should be about as well.

I am amazed that out of 92 views only 8 replys! The people in this forum usually have a great deal to say...what happened here, especially on a very important question?
Oh well, I guess it's time to....:delete:

Michael Humle said:
I am amazed that out of 92 views only 8 replys! The people in this forum usually have a great deal to say...what happened here, especially on a very important question?
Oh well, I guess it's time to....:delete:

Or, you may be asking a question that's just a moot point. I'd say quit trying to define it, quit trying to stuff it in the right size box, and just get out there and enjoy it. It is what it is, and apparently you like it enough to hang around. Why does it have to be more than that?:)

ShutteredEye said:
Or, you may be asking a question that's just a moot point. I'd say quit trying to define it, quit trying to stuff it in the right size box, and just get out there and enjoy it. It is what it is, and apparently you like it enough to hang around. Why does it have to be more than that?:)

Party killer! :lol:

ShutteredEye said:

Now this is the the kind of response I was hoping for!...Well done:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back