About to pull the trigger on these 2 lenses..

kami

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After reading a lot of good reviews, I have decided to purchase the lenses stated below. I have been doing a lot of portrait photography with freinds and family and have now felt the urge to try something different. I would like to cover some out door, nature, wildlife, sports, and landscape photography and have summed up the following for my needs.

Sigma | 100-300mm F/4.0 EX DG IF HSM Autofocus Lens | 134306

Sigma EX 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM - Review / Test Report

I like how the both of them also accept the same size filters at 82mm as well.

My budget is about $1500, but flexible if needed.

Any final thoughts before I hit the checkout button? I'll likely purchase them by Monday so adding your 2 cents would be great! thanks!

I say go for it! I have used both lenses and loved them. I personally like Sigma and think they make great lenses. I just don't think you are going to be able to get the same results for the price with any other lens manufacturer...

And you'll take a hit at resale time because good 3rd party glass doesn't hold it's value as well as good camera manufactures glass does.

...so buy used lenses.

Precisely. The 10-20 is a great lens, though I don't know much about the 100-300 (wide was always my thing more than long). Hunt around for used ones (KEH, Adorama used, etc.).

Let us know what you decide, I think the used option is great.
N.gif

IMHO I would get a little faster tele. I just got a Nikon 80-200 AF-D form KEH for $850 and im very happy with it. I had the sigma 70-200 f/2.8 but it was REALLY soft. So thats my $0.02

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back