About to purchase Canon 7D ...

Well ladies and gentleman, the next time i post i hope to have received my 7D later tonight .... pretty excited.

Congrats! You'll have fun with it!

I have shot both with the 50mm F1.4 and 1.8 and in my opinion the 1.8 is as good as the 1.4 in terms of optical quality and much cheaper. The image from the F1.4 in F1.4 settings were soft, so I guess I didn't enjoy shooting with it at 1.4. F4 was its sweetspot. If I were you, I would go and buy the 50mm 1.8, cheap lens with great optical quality in my opinion. It is plasticy, but for what you pay for it, it is really a gem.

Alright guys .... got the 7D ... love it. Got to really learn all the different AF points and settings, and which one is best ... but love the camera. Cant wait to buy some new glass now ...

The AF points mode I use most is Manual Select AF Point Expansion (middle rectangle point, small square on each side of the rectangle). You may have to enable it (C.Fn III, option 6), and then select it by pressing the AF Select button while shooting (top right of camera, shows a + grid of boxes) and pressing the M-fn button by the shutter button to cycle through the AF modes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back