abstract dew

chips

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
dew.jpg

kinda abstract photo of dew hanging from a leaf. The original was quite boring so I inverted it. What do you think?

the background is too busy, especially the white space, takes away from the stem and the pretty leaves. I would have cropped it to unclude more of the leaves in the upper left hand corner. I like the subject and the dew. And the colors. Nice :)

judehei said:
the background is too busy, especially the white space, takes away from the stem and the pretty leaves. I would have cropped it to unclude more of the leaves in the upper left hand corner. I like the subject and the dew. And the colors. Nice :)

Nice signature, like "Sprechen Sie Schnitzel, oder sprechen Sie Bratwurst" ;) :D

sorry, but that wasn't 'bout your pic ;)
but I agree, it's nice but too busy.

:) alright thanks, ive tried busy it down sumwhat an crop it. wot u think now?

dew2.jpg

My personal opinion is that you need to decide what you want your subject to be and focus on that - do you want the dew to be your subject? if so, i would crop it even tighter so the full leaf didn't show...

great shot technically... good composition and color...

I like the improvements on the 2nd one. The leaves don't distract me too much, and the evil white space is gone, so it really brings the branch to the focal point. *claps*

wow thanks everyone! SWFLA1 - Im a little concerned with cropping it more because im losing more and more detail but I see your point.

Chips -

I know this is going to sound weird, but i rotated my laptop to look at this with the drop on the "bottom" of the pic.... it looks great that way too....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back