Abstract Digital Art

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really enjoy making these, but would like an outside perspective/critique/comments. All are appreciated.

7smooth.jpg

7-28-06-1small.jpg

10-26-06-1-8x10small.jpg

8-1-06small.jpg

Space-3-web.jpg

Stars2.jpg

48.jpg

53.jpg

93.jpg

Baby1.jpg

I like them a lot. They appear quite creative. I bet they look nice framed and on a wall.

Thank you. I have number 2, 7, and 8 framed and in our hallway. They do look much better in a matted frame.

A few of these were actually created from pictures I took. Number 8 was a picture of my car. 10 was a picture of our baby. Number 1 was a picture of me w/ my saxophone.

3,7,8 & 9 seem to appeal to me more than the others. I think I like 3 the most. Would you give any clues as to how you are producing this effect?- I think it'd be fun to try.

Sure. Basically what I do is open the photo, create a duplicate layer then apply some type of distortion to the layer (like twist). Then I'll take that layer and duplicate it....then to a horizontal or vertical flip on that layer and change the blending mode to overlay, multiply....or whatever gives a nice uniform look. I then might duplicate both of the layers that have the twist effect and move them to the top....and apply another type of distortion to both of those like maybe a radial blur>zoom or glass effect. Then play with the layers until it gives me a look I like.

At the end I'll colorize different layers which will give it the final look....then I might tweak the a few of the blending modes.

I usually have between 2-3 hours in the ones I keep and usually throw one or two out for every good image I get. It's kind of a hit or miss, but they are really neat when it works out.

Looks and sounds like something to experiment with. I've been reading little bits about the "Orton" effect.

"Michael Orton who first used the technique is a sandwich of two images, one in focus the other out of focus. ..."

I wonder how/if these would mesh?

These look great fun to do and i like the colors and great abstract effects you have created....Think pics always look really good in a mat....the finishing touch!!!

I am really into doing Fractals ...do you think i can post some here in the creative corner???

Patricia........:)

Thanks. 2 and 8 are probably my favorites as well. I have a soft spot for 10 though since it started as a picture of our baby boy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back